• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Clearance question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marcus View Post
    I think you're missing my point. My point is this role is not even on my cv its hidden as such so the employer doesnt even know of it. So I got the chance without letting them know. So my concern was they then see in this SC form.

And you mention bringing it up in a meeting, I wouldnt have one would I? I thought its just a form then send off and have a decision and if any questions then maybe a meeting?
    I've just been through this. In my case, the hiring manager saw my CV, with one small gap - a contract I can't be bothered to include as I was only there about three weeks before leaving.

Another team within clientco dealt with the SC, during which I detailed ALL contracts from the last 'x' years.

The hiring manager would not have had sight of my SC details.

The fact that you were fired from one of the positions is, as another poster said - probably irrelevant. State the dates you worked there on the SC forms, and they will validate that with the employer/agency. As police weren't involved, I doubt it will actually be an issue for your SC clearance, and the hiring manager therefore won't find out there is a discrepancy on your CV.

Don't be tempted to lie on the SC forms though.
    Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
    +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
      Don't lie on the SC forms though.
      FTFY

Comment

Thanks for all the help. I have no intention of lying on the SC forms.

Comment

Working...
        X