• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Pound is dropping like a stone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If £ drops WELL BELOW current rate against INR, all will go BACK! No cheap labour market / No offshoring / immigrants problem sorted...Yeah..not good for UK market as well.

Comment

Originally posted by BoltonLad View Post
      If £ drops WELL BELOW current rate against INR, all will go BACK! No cheap labour market / No offshoring / immigrants problem sorted...Yeah..not good for UK market as well.
      You right.

Next step would be to make train tickets cheaper by allowing 3rd class to sit on the roof whilst they go. A solution to high carbon economy for sure...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        You right.

Next step would be to make train tickets cheaper by allowing 3rd class to sit on the roof whilst they go. A solution to high carbon economy for sure...
        Slight problem there mate, we have too many bridges and tunnels in this country.

Not very good at the "thinking things through" thing, are you?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
          Slight problem there mate, we have too many bridges and tunnels in this country.

No, take it to it's logical conclusion - if you can only afford 3rd class you will be exterminated...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

You forgot about overhead electric wires.

Comment

Working...
            X