• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should John Terry be stripped of the England captaincy?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zippy View Post
    I'll get your coat.

Assume some middle manager had cheated on his wife. If it has no affect on how he does his job should he be fired?

The answer is no btw...
    If your job was to give moral and leadership to a team, you could do a better job by not shagging one of your mate's ex - so it does affect his job. That said, does it affect it enough to fire him? I dunno.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

WGAS indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        The most ironic aspect to all of this is that there are a number of people keen on seeing Terry stripped of the captaincy as he has shown himself to be an inappropriate role model (In their opinion).
        They want him to be replaced by...............Wayne Rooney FFS!!!
        Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        Or Stevie "I thought he wanted to hit me" Gerrard.
        Or Rio "I forgot about the drugs test"

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
          Or Rio "I forgot about the drugs test"
          Or Frank "spitroast" Lampard

Comment

In fact most of the England team have done something wrong, but it never impacted on the other players in the team. Whereas Terry has - I'd strip him of the captaincy.

Comment

Glen "I stole a toilet seat" Johnson

Ashley "Love cheat" Cole.

That's the whole back four ! Now if only we knew who was going to be keeper

Comment

But surely this woman was a "free agent" after splitting up with Bridge.

Comment

But Terry wasn't...

He will be boooed at every prem game this season, and probably for some England matches.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                    In fact most of the England team have done something wrong, but it never impacted on the other players in the team. Whereas Terry has

More likely they'll drop Bridge from the squad, if he's even likely to be a contender for it. Does Bridge even care if it's his ex and he wasn't with her at the time?

As for captaincy, we need someone like Pearce with a bit of passion for the game, who's not afraid to kick his team mates up the arse if they aren't doing a good enough job. As there's no Pearce in footy anymore, maybe Terry's approach of shagging their WAGS instead is the modern way.

Hilarious that Terry was voted as father of the year. Shows just how much worth these awards have.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

I have only skimmed the news on this one, but weren't Bridge and the underwear model together when Terry was sleeping with her?

Even if not, Terry still broke the unspoken code with mate's exes.
                      Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                      +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Working...
                      X