• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invoicing day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    Anything I’m paid enough to test.
    The kosher approver Quick-O-Matic fully automatic circumciser.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
      I suppose it would be "nuclear reactor control systems" that you would test rather than the reactor itself - that and aircraft / air traffic control would be the scariest things to sign off & put your name to - has anyone on this board ever worked on such systems - if so what was your level of PI cover required ?
      I managed the testing for Holland's emergency services call centre and emergency service dispatch systems; pretty high profile stuff and arguably 'safety critical'. PI cover was 10,000,000 euros. I also asked a solicitor to examine the contract and make some changes which the client approved.

The system works.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
        aircraft / air traffic control would be the scariest things to sign off & put your name to - has anyone on this board ever worked on such systems - if so what was your level of PI cover required ?
        Maritime charts and navigation systems are up there with aircraft control and weapons systems. Yes, worked on them. My PI was of interest to them but they said it was immaterial because when an oil tanker runs into a cruise ship, a couple of million won't cover the lawyer's fees.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          Maritime charts and navigation systems are up there with aircraft control and weapons systems. Yes, worked on them. My PI was of interest to them but they said it was immaterial because when an oil tanker runs into a cruise ship, a couple of million won't cover the lawyer's fees.
          Interesting stuffage. How were the rates?

What kind of experience did they ask for?
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Basically if you want a good rate as a tester/test manager then you need to test the systems that are absolutely top priority critical stuff for the organization concerned, and get a track record on your cv where it’s obvious that the systems
            CUK should hire you then, I'll chip in a fiver

Comment

Anything I’m paid enough to test.
              You want to think carefully before saying that. Ask any butt plug tester...
              Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

12,500 euros

For those of use who aren’t benched, it’s the best day of the month again. For those who are benched, take heart from the fact that you will some day once again feel the pleasure of looking at your MS Calculator and seeing a number with 5 figures, then putting the invoice in the post.

Don't forget your timesheets
                I didnt know you testers were so poor.

Only 2 more invoicing days for me and then I retire!
                Happy days!

PZZ
                ~

Comment

I prefer to see 4 figures on a weekly basis - especially these days...

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
                    Me too, max 5 working days credit has got me through the past 27 years contracting with no losses......

http://www.recruiter.co.uk/administr...003966.article

PZZ

Comment

Originally posted by Tingles View Post
                      Start invoicing in dollars... zimbabwe variety..

Comment

Working...
                      X