• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

An excellent and simple scheme for avoiding UK taxes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puhleeze

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    I can't help it if you are a peasant.
    I am not a peasant, I am part of the working poor
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I think him being dead helps.
      What was the name of that band in the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy? They took a year off dead for tax reasons.

Bear in mind the book was probably written when a Labour giveusyermint was in power.
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Work for a pan-European organisation (such as something to do with the final frontier) and although you have to pay income tax it tends to be set at something like 2% plus with some of them you even get semi-diplomatic status!
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
          What was the name of that band in the Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy? They took a year off dead for tax reasons.

Bear in mind the book was probably written when a Labour giveusyermint was in power.
          Disaster Area

I was reading that to PRC #1 last night.

Comment

Hotblack Desiato, the keyboard player of said band.

Yes.
            How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
            Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
              1 Befriend the PM
              2 Setup your wife as the Director of your multi-million pound retail company and stipulate her residency is in Monaco
              3 Congrats - you dont have to pay a penny tax on your UK company profits - isnt that so retail magnate Mr P Green and 'friend' of the former hon Mr Blair ?
              I see a flaw in that plan.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                btw - if you live in Switzerland and owe HMRC money, they can extradite you, but they can never get your money.
                Yes, but IIRC they can keep you banged up on contempt of court until you hand it over.
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

An excellent and simple scheme for avoiding UK taxes

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                  1 Befriend the PM
                  I think I would rather pay the tax to be honest.

Comment

Working...
                  X