• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ATW - can I just say..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I don't like people who kill cute critters for fun or just because they don't like them.

It's certainly something I won't do if I had a firearms license.
    Errrrrrrr just what would you do with your firearms license??

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      What if spasguru entered your bedsit uninvited wearing just a fur coat and a big smile?
      He'd be furry creature murderer then!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewster View Post
        Errrrrrrr just what would you do with your firearms license??
        Observe all the rules and regulations that it requires me to, it sounds pretty cool also - if I ever get it, then it won't be for pathetic shotgun junk gun that one can get with it.

Comment

I don't like people who kill cute critters for fun or just because they don't like them.

It's certainly something I won't do if I had a firearms license.
          I've never shot an animal I'm not prepared to eat (apart from a few rabbits with myxomatosis), squirrels are perfectly edible and very good meat. For that matter I believe the rabbit and the grey squirrel were introduced to the UK as food animals.

I don't agree with killing purely for sport.

Comment

You are too violent mate - I would not (if I was in such position) give a firearms license to you.

HTH

Comment

Observe all the rules and regulations that it requires me to, it sounds pretty cool also - if I ever get it, then it won't be for pathetic shotgun junk gun that one can get with it.
              If you ever get a license, you will obey all the rules inherent in the granting of the license, but you won't get a shotgun, which is what (you suggest) it permits you to have - implying that you would get "something else" that the license doesn't permit you to have, which would (presumably) infringe on the rules you were obeying??

Nope - You've lost me there........

Comment

If you ever get a license, you will obey all the rules inherent in the granting of the license, but you won't get a shotgun
                I'll get a shotgun and lock it appropriately, even though it's going to a be tulip shotgun (good ones not allowed), the fact that I got firearms license (passing all checks etc) would make me feel good

Surely that's allowed in this country to legally get tulip firearm and lock it up so that it never gets used?

Comment

I'll get a shotgun and lock it appropriately, even though it's going to a be tulip shotgun (good ones not allowed), the fact that I got firearms license (passing all checks etc) would make me feel good

Surely that's allowed in this country to legally get tulip firearm and lock it up so that it never gets used?
                  You could sit in a quiet room and gently lubricate it while you stroked it for hours......

Errrrrr on second thoughts

Comment

You could sit in a quiet room and gently lubricate it while you stroked it for hours......

Errrrrr on second thoughts
                    That's not what I had in mind....

Was I not clear that I think current legal firearms are total and utter tulip in this country? The "firearms license" though has got a nice ring to it, even if the gun is tulip and will never get used.

Comment

That's not what I had in mind....

Was I not clear that I think current legal firearms are total and utter tulip in this country? The "firearms license" though has got a nice ring to it, even if the gun is tulip and will never get used.
                      What do you(AtW) *NEED* a FAC for?

Comment

Working...
                      X