• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Come the general election, I currently intend to vote..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    But I feel like I should. If I don't I won't be able to bitch about them.
    Everyone should vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Everyone should vote.
      but not for a party they don't want, Shirley?
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I'm still waiting to see whether I'll get a vote.

I live in the Speaker's constituency, which by convention would normally mean he is returned unopposed, but Nigel Farago or someone similar has threatened to stand against him.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          but not for a party they don't want, Shirley?
          By all means vote for whoever you want.

However if you really want to oust the Labour Government the only real alternative is Conservative - Liberal Democrat is a wasted vote.

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
            Never has there been a greater need for a 'None of the above' option. Spoiling the paper is such a negative thing and it lumps everyone from protests and the incompetent together.
            I think all ballot papers should, by law, include an Andyw option for this purpose. For example:

John Bercow (Con)
            Nigel Farago (Ind)
            Andyw's organ wrapped in his school tie (CUK)

Comment

UKIP for me. I've paid my £20 and joined.

A hung parliament would be best all round.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

By all means vote for whoever you want.

However if you really want to oust the Labour Government the only real alternative is Conservative
                In which case there is no point voting.

We may as well just flip a Reversi tile every five years and see if it comes up red or blue and appoint the government accordingly.

Voting Conservative to get rid of New Labour is as clever as voting New Labour was to get rid of the Conservatives. There's no longer any difference between them, their policies (and what policies would they be, anyway?) or the way they behave.

A General Election is supposed to be about selecting your representative, not picking which of the two identical parties gets to **** things up next time. That's how they do it in America and we don't have to be the same. If that is how you want things to be, there is no point having any other parties or independents and there is no point voting.

As HAB says, spoil the ballot paper. If you won't vote away from the shysters, at least make some form of protest.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                  As HAB says, spoil the ballot paper. If you won't vote away from the shysters, at least make some form of protest.
                  A complete waste of time. Protest? What kind of protest is that? What will it achieve?

Comment

A complete waste of time. Protest? What kind of protest is that? What will it achieve?
                    It is called "sulking"
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

What good will swapping the red lying, thieving, self-serving, clueless, whipped toerags for the blue lying, thieving, self-serving, clueless, whipped toerags do? It is pointless. It's like leaving your abusive husband to back home to your abusive father, and then leaving him for your abusive husband again.

Instead of repeatedly making the same mistakes, do something different. Because if everyone followed the "oh, just vote for the other lot" there is no point carrying on with this time-wasting and expensive farce of a pretend democracy.

Comment

Working...
                      X