• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The counting thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just over an hour until elevenses
    Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Originally posted by Halcyon View Post
      Has anyone read it all?

I see today that BrilloPad has posted 6450, so out of curiosity I clicked randomly on one of the "jump to" links, page 145, and bless my soul nearl two years ago, in February 2008, there was BrilloPad publishing 1455. And 1456. And 1457, 1458, 1460, 1461, 1463, and 1464 (interrupted by an imaginative "MCDLIX" from Zeitghost)

Now I haven't read the whole thread, I haven't the time unfortunately, however, and here's the interesting part, Brill's closing 1460 on that page is out of synch with the post number by 4, whereas the current 6450 is spot on, so the thread must go IN and OUT of synch.

Rivetting stuff.
      Ah so that's how he gets his high post count.
      Nice to know not all his posts are full of bile and vitriol.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Oh dear. Someone had to fail at this thing.

The 13th post is unlucky for some.

Comment

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
          Oh dear. Someone had to fail at this thing.

The 13th post is unlucky for some.
          wasn't even the 13th post, just sas's mental age of 14
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
            Ah so that's how he gets his high post count.
            Nice to know not all his posts are full of bile and vitriol.
            Suprised you care. I thought only atw was that sad. LR posts dont count towards total. Add non-lr, tpd, counting & jokes and I am close to 50k. Not that it matters an iota. AS long as I am less full of bile than you I am happy. Of your ~16k posts I reckon 1.6k have been great. The rest are just vitriol and a symptom of small willy syndrone.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Suprised you care. I thought only atw was that sad. LR posts dont count towards total. Add non-lr, tpd, counting & jokes and I am close to 50k. Not that it matters an iota. AS long as I am less full of bile than you I am happy. Of your ~16k posts I reckon 1.6k have been great. The rest are just vitriol and a symptom of small willy syndrone.
              PS 15. Or do I mean 16?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                PS 15. Or do I mean 16?
                well at 16,506, that would be nearer 17

Comment

Originally posted by Halcyon View Post
                  well at 16,506, that would be nearer 17
                  Did you know 16,506 / 18 = 917?

Comment

The endless application of energy and utilisation of youth that goes into the Counting Thread makes me think of that song N-n-n-n-n-n-nineteen.
                    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                      The endless application of energy and utilisation of youth that goes into the Counting Thread makes me think of that song N-n-n-n-n-n-nineteen.
                      Or 50 ways to leave your lover
                      Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

Working...
                      X