• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Iranian leader denies Holocaust

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW
    Have you seen photographs of dead people in Nazis concentration camps? Perhaps you need to hold skulls of millions gassed jews in order to believe in that its not special effects?
    I've seen the skulls of some of the 4 million Cambodian victims of the Pol Pot regime.

Does that count?

Comment

No because that apparently was the fault of america

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
        No because that apparently was the fault of america

Mailman
        So much for "Land of the Free, Home of the Brave"...

One country, though, has benefited greatly from the US-led invasion.

Iran, increasingly radical, now knows that the United States lacks both the military strength and the political will to attack it.

And the new, democratic, predominantly Shia Iraq has become its closest ally.
        The above was taken from... John Simpson - BBC News

Comment

Any relation to Homer? You would think so by some of the dribble this self important goon has come up with lately.

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
            Any relation to Homer? You would think so by some of the dribble this self important goon has come up with lately.

Mailman
            My, that was a witty retort!

Laugh, I nearly shat!

Comment

Whereas Iran is fruitcake central. (Literally. Iranian nuts and dried fruit are world famous.) Write a book and you can be condemned to death.

Overall a very interesting comments from Fungus , yes Iran does make good dates too !

BTW the best book I have ever read is in fact S Rushdies The Satanic Verses .

If you havent read this book yet , please do it really is an exceptional work of literature.

Hate Nothing at all except Hatred

R Zimmerman

Comment

Alf

what is it about that book that raises it above, say.........

The Catcher in the Rye
                All Quiet on the Western Front
                The Power and the Glory
                Mr. Galliano's Circus
                Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
                  what is it about that book that raises it above, say.........

The Catcher in the Rye
                  All Quiet on the Western Front
                  The Power and the Glory
                  Mr. Galliano's Circus
                  Aye DG

Thats a damn good question !

The books you have mentioned are all excellent, , I read Catcher at school, phoney as hell !

But since you asked DG ...

Its just that a lot of events in the Satanic Verses I can relate to on a very personal level.

For example I did have the most startling vision and was told messages with, well what I can only describe as an Archangel, back in 1996 whilst being at the end of my tether , homeless and destitute in London after being out of work for two years.

I have never been able to come to terms with this event, as you know by now, I am not religous and by nature a gross sinner.

I still cant come to terms with what happened, and of course no doubt I am going to be ridiculed by the growing number of detractors on this site.

So go on ...laugh.

If you can.

But something extraordinary did happen , dont ask me why, for I have no idea.

Comment

Simple explanation...

Threaded in his time machine!

Which is of course just as feasible as you being visited by an archangel.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                      Simple explanation...

Threaded in his time machine!

Which is of course just as feasible as you being visited by an archangel.
                      Aye Churchill

Well I did try to dismiss the whole event from my mind, as I mentioned it took over two years before I dared to tell even my closest freinds.

But you see as I mentioned it wasnt just a vision , I was told certain things about my life which then, and much to my astonishment did happen.

Thats why, as much as I would have liked , I just couldnt dismiss the whole episode.

Anyway , laugh if you like.

The lesson I learned from this whole encounter, and its a long story which led up to this vision, is that always be kind to strangers as they may be Angels in disguise.
                      Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 15 December 2005, 12:03.

Comment

Working...
                      X