• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

1001 reasons NEVER to vote Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

£96.5 billion EXTRA in Stealth Taxes in today's money.
    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Far and Few
      Far and Few
      Are the Lands where the Blairabees Live
      Their Heart is Black their chancellor is Brown
      And they are off to War In Iraq ...

To date the controversial Iraq War has cost 4 Billion pounds from Britains hard working familes.

Its only fair that your tax has to rise now.

Comment

Elliot Morley

Comment

Stamp Duty - a tax on income

In 1997 you paid 1% to the Government in Stamp Duty when you sold your home worth more than £60,000. Now you pay Stamp Duty as follows:

1% on properties from £120.000 to £250,00 (this rose in 2005 budget from a long standing freeze at £60,000).

3% on properties from £250,000 to £500,000

4% on properties worth over £500,000

In 1996-1997 we paid £2.3 billion in stamp duties
          In 2004-2005 we paid £8.8 billion in stamp duites

That's a 216% stealth tax rise after taking inflation into account

Comment

Council Tax Increases

Central Government helps the local councils out less, and you pay more.

The bands by which houses are valued for council tax will be reassesed in 2007 adding several hundreds onto your bill.

In 96-97 we paid £10 billion in council tax
            In 04-05 we paid £19.7 billion in council

That's a stealth tax rise of 61% after taking inflation into account.

And where does the primary increase in council tax go to? No, not more dustmen, no, not more street cleaners, no, not more recycling centres..

council tax benefits and council housing...FFS...

Comment

Abolition of Mortgage Tax Relief slashed in 1997 then abolished in 2000

You used to get help with paying your mortgage in the form of a tax rebate - not now suckers...

Comment

Crime.

From the home office:

Recorded crimes.

Of course it's cos more people report crime now, not because we have a breakdown in law and order.

Comment

Married couples allowance

Cut further in 1998 (after being reduced by the Tories) and zapped in 1999.

Can't have the lezzers and demon back jockeys getting a bum deal, eh?

Comment

We're not raising taxes...

National insurance : rates increased by 1% plus a new charge on income above the previous upper cut-off limit.

SUCKERS!!!!!! Cos you don't really understand the significance of that one... it's only a 1% increase isn't it - and I'm sure nice uncle tony will build a few more hospitals...

Comment

Tax-free savings - NOT!

Have had the upper level of savings that can be made each year reduced relentlessly. The limit for PEPs/TESSA was £12,000 (£9,000 for PEPs and £3,000 for the first year of a TESSA). They were replaced with the ISA and an annual limit of £7,000, now reduced to £5,000. And PEPs and ISAs can no longer recover the tax credit on UK dividends.

Comment

Working...
                      X