• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Thread for the discerning conversationalist

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    I already have one of those.
    Are you Austrian by any chance?
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I already have one of those.
      and I bet you emulate
      Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post

Cellar party anyone
        Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
          No. My family’s German though. Jawohl.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by BlackenedBiker View Post

Cellar party anyone
            Shh! I gave you the address but I didn't tell you to invite your friends!
            And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

How refreshing to converse with a fine top-hatted gentleman such as yourself.

I am geographically situated at 51 degrees North of the equator and less than one degree west of the Greenwich Meridian to which you eloquently refer in your opening post.

I am happy to report that the lingering white precipitation is beginning to thaw and that our feathered friends are enjoying the fine fare that I laid out for their culinary consideration.

The televisual device is churning out the usual cheery mixture of antiques and property programmes and today's 'Bargain Hunt' contestants are Mo and Jo, whose names, when pleasingly adjuncted in the correct order, cast a magic spell over this winter wonderland.

I am working today which has the delightful consequence of generous remuneration, and I look forward to the common enjoyment of quizzery in the local public house this evening, where a fine ale or two will help to oil the mental cogs.

A good day to you!

k2p2

Comment

Originally posted by k2p2 View Post

The televisual device is churning out the usual cheery mixture of antiques and property programmes and today's 'Bargain Hunt' contestants are Mo and Jo, whose names, when pleasingly adjuncted in the correct order, cast a magic spell over this winter wonderland.

I am working today

k2p2
                do you work in day time TV?
                This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post

Snow is being washed away by the rain. This could be doom or boom depending on your POV...
                  Hah! I drove my POV through a flooded stream in the Highlands no problem, even though it almost floated away.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
                    do you work in day time TV?
                    No, but I work from home. I'm normally quite disciplined about keeping the telly off, but Mr k2p2 is also at home today and he likes it on.

Comment

No. One does not attempt to emulate a Dutch student with one's sartorial choices.
                      or look very obviously like a former public school boy....
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X