• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bricking it before interviews

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    My only worry is that the potential client will realise how completely disinterested and unmotivated I am.

How I managed to fake interest to get the last gig I'll never know.
    Sounds like a change of careeris required. You sound very bored. Don't waste your life matie. I am not saying "Do something you love", yeah right, five people in the country have that privilege. I am saying "don't do something you absolutely hate"
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

My only worry is that the potential client will realise how completely disinterested and unmotivated I am.

I have been to interviews for a Senior Developer and been asked how to escape single quotes in a SQL query. I nearly fall asleep during such interviews.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
        imagine them naked during the interview
        This also works in reverse. If you ever feel intimidated or overexcited in the company of one or more naked people, imagine them asking you where you see yourself in 5 years time and then explaining the company's final salary pension scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
          Whats the deal,

I alwsys used to be quite nonchalant about interviews, and taking them in my stride.

Recently I have started to brick it before interviews...

Is this a sign of age?

I thought it would be opposite
          running out of money?

Comment

I fell out of love with IT around 2008. Lost interest mainly. I seem very laid back at interviews. This is misconstrued as confidence, which works for me.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

I should also point out that I have found the first technical thing in ages that has given me a half chubber. I was working on my plan B (written / plugged together in Drupal) and I found a module called Contemplate (Content template). It is a magnificent piece of work. Quality.
              Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

It gets easier with practice. I'm worried how I'll perform under recession stress were I might actually give a tulip.

Comment

Working...
                X