• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big freeze could signal global warming 'pause'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prove what

Originally posted by sunnysan View Post
    What is that going to prove?
    Does the data prove that the climate of the earth is changing?

Since you so like house prices lets use that as a simple allegory. If your house increased by 5% in a month in 2007, does that mean we can use that snapshot of data to prove that your house is worth more now than it was then, or more importantly can we use that one month of data to work out a trend over 20 years?
    There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
      Is it some kind of running joke on this forum to open a new thread about climate change approximately once every 2 hours, almost invariably linking to some completely braindead and meaningless non-article in the right-wing press?

Honestly, if there was a group of people on here who believed in ghosts and kept on starting new threads every time they came across an article about the spirit world and seances then they'd be on everyone's ignore list within minutes.

These "global warming conspiracy" nutters seem to keep it up for years on end.
      Thank you for your convincing scientifically based argument in favour of Co2 causing global warming
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Thank you for your convincing scientifically based argument in favour of Co2 causing global warming
        I'm not a scientist. But I do believe what scientists as a whole are telling us. There are a few exceptions, sure. Which is good - one wouldn't want scientists to not question the findings of other scientists. But a) I don't hear much support from other scientists in the field for these alternative theories and b) it is clear that the media love to seize on pretty much anything mildly controversial and write it up without consulting any other scientists for the opposing opinion. It happens all the time. Look at that mad MMR thing, for example.

It's only this barrage of bad science from the media which is making so many people doubt the truth. Of course, it helps that there is a tax element. Cash is a strong incentive towards belief in any conspiracy theory.

Comment

I'm not a scientist. But I do believe in the Tooth Fairy and, obviously, in Santa!
          It's only this barrage of bad science from the media which is making so many people doubt the truth. Of course, it helps that there is a tax element. Cash is a strong incentive towards belief in any conspiracy theory.
          Did you hear, they have taken gullible out of the Dictionary?
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Of course, it helps that there is a tax element. Cash is a strong incentive towards belief in any conspiracy theory.
            I like this new philosophy
            'I will believe anything so long as it's cheap. I used to be a Christian, but that collection plate man, it just turned me into a atheist'

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
              Did you hear, they have taken gullible out of the Dictionary?
              Says the imbecile who cites the Oregon institute of Science and Medicine as evidence.

Tell me is there an ongoing competition among you AGW deniers to appear the most stupid, or are you just masochists who liked getting whipped in arguments.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                I like this new philosophy
                'I will believe anything so long as it's cheap. I used to be a Christian, but that collection plate man, it just turned me into a atheist'

Your missing the point. As usual.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Says the imbecile who cites the Oregon institute of Science and Medicine as evidence.
                  Are you still in denial about Frederick Seitz? I guess he must be quaking in his shoes when realising he is up against a scientific leviathan like you sg......with your Blue Peter badge and all!
                  Just goes to show you can't educate Pork!
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Your missing the point. As usual.
                    You're misspelling, as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                      Are you still in denial about Frederick Seitz? I guess he must be quaking in his shoes when realising he is up against a scientific leviathan like you sg......with your Blue Peter badge and all!
                      Just goes to show you can't educate Pork!
                      Frederick Seitz? Is this the bloke who also denied the link between smoking and cancer?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Seitz

Even his tobacco co employers had to disown him:
                      "Philip Morris attorney Alexander Holtzman described Seitz in a 1989 internal memo as "quite elderly and not sufficiently rational to offer advice."[6]"

I think you're winning the stupid contest that you knuckle-dragging climate-change deniers have set up among yourselves. There is one isn't there? Its the only explanation I can give for the moronic arguments you cretins keep trotting out with metronomic regularity.

Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X