• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muslim group has cancelled Wootton Bassett march

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    You asked what they could teach them. Well, there's a peasant community of yak farmers and growers of christ-knows-what and there's a crack team of military instructors familiar with a variety of forms of warfare in mountains.
    This "peasant" community fought off more than one army more than once...

What they really needed were weapons and knowledge how to use them - primarily stingers to deal with aerial threats. This made troops travel by ground - those "peasants" needed mines to do ambushes and the job was done.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Well, show me some links to what exactly they taught people who were born to live and die in mountains. I am sure those special troops are great at teaching other soldiers who don't live there to be better in mountains, however what you expect those guys to teach locals there?

What CIA sent instructors to reach them was how to fire stingers (supplied by CIA), how to use radios, shoot more accurately, how to do ambushes, mine roads etc.

So tell me exactly what those Royal Marines did teach, how to survive in mountains during cold night? How to deal with donkeys whilst moving weapons about?

You really are thicker than a Hippo sandwich AtW. You are at the bottom of the hole. Stop digging!

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
        You really are thicker than a Hippo sandwich AtW. You are at the bottom of the hole. Stop digging!
        I am not the type that gives up easily...

Ok, let's assume Royal Marines taught fighters in Afganistan in early 80s and this knowledge helped them beat the Soviets, ok.

Mean age of people there is ~18 years old.

Taliban now are 20 year old who never had such training - they were not even born when last war started.

Question - why those "peasants" are able to resist Royal Marines?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          Apart from killing each other with great vigour and pleasure for the last 3000 years.

infidels

Comment

Nope.

Infidels only came along after about 750 A.D.

The tribes have got equal joy out of killing each other.
            My guess is that Royal Marines used Time Machine to go back in time and teach them all it? That would explain...

Comment

Nope.

Infidels only came along after about 750 A.D.

The tribes have got equal joy out of killing each other.
              and since the Afghan tribes united in the 1700's the armies of Afghan have never been defeated.
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
                and since the Afghan tribes united in the 1700's the armies of Afghan have never been defeated.
                Was it before or after Royal Marine Corps were formed?

Comment

and since the Afghan tribes united in the 1700's the armies of Afghan have never been defeated by outsiders.
                  The Taliban managed a coup.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

@rse
                    (\__/)
                    (>'.'<)
                    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Like I said, they enjoy killing each other.

actively engaging in constructive talks regarding finding the best solution to a set of legacy problems

Comment

Working...
                      X