• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cooking TV recipes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    OMG!! Wow - how come you turned it down?
    Couldn't drive at the time and where the chefs accommodation was situated it meant having to drive to the restaurant and back, due to the hours you would be doing the public transport was a nightmare. I did try and sort out lifts but it fell through.

Still, I found out that Heston wasn't around during the time I would have been there as he was filming elsewhere for one of his series.

Ah well

And so I ended up back doing my old job as a contractor
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      ..I'm going through Nigel Slater's Simple Suppers, from the programme that was put on when the Man U game got cancelled.

Just about to make the lamb hotpot.
      The local Irish pub on HAB’s island in the sun does a cracking Lancashire hot pot; I love it. Beats the undies off the septic nosh that dominates the cheap ‘n cheerful end of the market.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Couldn't drive at the time and where the chefs accommodation was situated it meant having to drive to the restaurant and back, due to the hours you would be doing the public transport was a nightmare. I did try and sort out lifts but it fell through.

Still, I found out that Heston wasn't around during the time I would have been there as he was filming elsewhere for one of his series.

Ah well

Still though.. thats pretty amazing that you were offered the chance!! I'm super impressed!!

BTW... being a geek isn't so bad
        Bazza gets caught
        Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

I did a chefs diploma and worked in a few michelin star restaurants. I got offered a stage at the Fat Duck and had to turn it down
          Wowsers. What a brill plan B though!

Bit better than cleaning, which is my only true skill I fear.
          Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
          +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Ah well

Wow! Impressed! We could open a gourmet contractor restaurant!

I just bought a free range Gresham Duck, 5-spice, some spring onions, cucumber, ingredients for hoisin sauce, some flour and sesame oil for homemade pancakes.

Peking crispy duck and pancakes... homemade and pretty cheap too!
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              Wowsers. What a brill plan B though!

Bit better than cleaning, which is my only true skill I fear.
              Put the kettle on luv.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                Put the kettle on luv.
                You're in luck, as I do make a great cuppa.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
                  Still though.. thats pretty amazing that you were offered the chance!! I'm super impressed!!

BTW... being a geek isn't so bad
                  You're a plastic geek...

Comment

Easy Peasy Pizza

Katy is worth checking out also.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                      You're a plastic geek...
                      I know
                      Bazza gets caught
                      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Working...
                      X