• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Myleene Klass warned by police after scaring off intruders with knife

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
    Works for me!
    I don't believe you

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      I don't believe you
      Quite right too
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Miss Klass, 31, who was alone in her house in Potters Bar, Herts, with her two-year-old daughter, Ava, called the police. When they arrived at her house they informed her that she should not have used a knife to scare off the youths because carrying an "offensive weapon" – even in her own home – was illegal.
        I now have a drawer full of kitchen knives that I am not allowed to use! I can't even remove them because it's against the law for me to carry them.

Do you think I should call a police officer to come and chop my veg for Sunday dinner
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Read TFA. As one might expect from the Telegraph, most of it is written by her publicist, and none of it justifies the headline.

I honestly cannot understand how intelligent people can read this kind of garbage without seeing through it.

AtW: I strongly recommend two books to you. One is Nick Davies's Flat Earth News, pub.2008. The other is Lies, Damned Lies and Some Exclusives by Henry Porter, pub.1984. (You should be able to get hold of a copy of the latter via AbeBooks; I did the other year.)

Actually, I don't just recommend them to AtW, but to everybody. Porter's is particularly good at explaining how the Press word things in such a way as to make you think they said a certain thing when in fact they said nothing of the kind, they just made you think it - this seems to be a common problem, judging by the posts made here by many
          Bad Science is a popular book too. Can't say I've read the whole book. He has a website too.

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            Indeed.

The easiest way round this is to believe nothing you read or what people say.

You can't go wrong then.
            Or avoid news altogether as advised in ''How to be free', the reason being it will only make you miserable and there's nothing you can do about it anyway.
            Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Bad Science is a popular book too. Can't say I've read the whole book. He has a website too.
              Bad science is a very good book and opens your eyes to the BS being spread by the sceience and medical professions.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                Bad science is a very good book and opens your eyes to the BS being spread by the sceience and medical professions.
                misinterpretation and misuse of science by journalists and other non scientists.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  misinterpretation and misuse of science by journalists and other non scientists.
                  What the saggy old one said.

However, "scientists" don't help themselves by releasing un-peer-reviewed findings in a press release rather than scientific journals. But, that is what sells newspapers these days.
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
                    Indeed.

The easiest way round this is to believe nothing you read or what people say.

You can't go wrong then.
                    I took your advice sweetie: I checked it out, you said that size was normal, now that was a little lie was it not
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional

Comment

Just seen this on Sky News. According to the their report (normal caveats apply), she didn't even leave her house. The intruders were in her back yard. She banged on the window while holding a knife in the other - and the police told her this could be illegal
                      Last edited by centurian; 10 January 2010, 14:22.

Comment

Working...
                      X