• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So, the Swine Flu Vaccine was a waste of money

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In this case, the NHS acted properly and with due care and diligence. Stocks were high enough to ensure adequate supplies for all, and mechanisms were in place to support the take up.

When you are dealing with the unpredictability of an emergent pandemic, cutting corners or just "hoping for the best" is not an option. Millions of lives were at stake, and IMHO, the NHS acted responsibly.

Swine flu is not "just a sniffle", it's a blimming nasty illness that is made worse by other underlying health issues.

Being immuno-compromised, I have no doubt that swine flu would have severely harmed me, leading to hospitalisation or worse.

The first jab was awful, as it contains a part of the virus, albeit inert. I was ill for 3 days and wanted to crawl up and die.

The nurse explained that I was suffering a tenth of what could be expected had I got real swine flu.

When I had my follow up jab 3 weeks later, she said "you won't suffer an symptoms at all apart from a sore arm. This indicates that the jab 3 weeks ago has afforded you immunity."

She was right 100%.

Sorry Ardesco, but I disagree based on my own personal experiences and also working in the health arena. The response by the NHS was proportionate for such a dreadful illness. They got this one right. Ignore the media nay-sayers.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
      In this case, the NHS acted properly and with due care and diligence. Stocks were high enough to ensure adequate supplies for all, and mechanisms were in place to support the take up.

When you are dealing with the unpredictability of an emergent pandemic, cutting corners or just "hoping for the best" is not an option. Millions of lives were at stake, and IMHO, the NHS acted responsibly.

Swine flu is not "just a sniffle", it's a blimming nasty illness that is made worse by other underlying health issues.

Being immuno-compromised, I have no doubt that swine flu would have severely harmed me, leading to hospitalisation or worse.

The first jab was awful, as it contains a part of the virus, albeit inert. I was ill for 3 days and wanted to crawl up and die.

The nurse explained that I was suffering a tenth of what could be expected had I got real swine flu.

When I had my follow up jab 3 weeks later, she said "you won't suffer an symptoms at all apart from a sore arm. This indicates that the jab 3 weeks ago has afforded you immunity."

She was right 100%.

Sorry Ardesco, but I disagree based on my own personal experiences and also working in the health arena. The response by the NHS was proportionate for such a dreadful illness. They got this one right. Ignore the media nay-sayers.
      WHS
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
      X