• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In Scotland, it is known as "winter"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    I used to walk (about 10 mins) to lunch in my suit until it got below -5C in Moscow - then I'd put a jacket on. As long as it's not snowing or windy it's fine.

Even -36C coming out of night clubs to metre deep snow it wasn't that cold (still glad of a coat though).

The trouble is the UK has a predominantly marine climate and the damp air makes everything feel colder.
    All the time at Sheremetyovo the guy on the transfer bus would shout at me 'golova, golova!!' - as u prolly know, hat, hat!!

I'm from Bolton, I don't need no poncy hat!

Mne ne nado!

Backfired tho first time, went from SVO2 to SVO1 with 14hrs to go for next flight, nowt there......

Fukin love Russia - would love a gig there, any leads Moskvichkaya Zhopa, prolly wrong translation I know it's a bit naughty....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
      All the time at Sheremetyovo the guy on the transfer bus would shout at me 'golova, golova!!' - as u prolly know, hat, hat!!
      It means: HEAD HEAD

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        It means: HEAD HEAD
        Yes, I meant Shapka, shapka!

Fook....

Na golovye - is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
          You can take your "winter", Brown, Darling, and the rest of it back home to Scotland and keep it there.
          What? And let the country descend into chaos? We can't allow that...
          "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
            As long as you keep the chaos in scotland and don't expect to be bailed out (again) then thats fine by me
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post

You can take your "winter", Brown, Darling, and the rest of it back home to Scotland and keep it there.
              As long as you keep the chaos in scotland and don't expect to be bailed out (again) then thats fine by me
              Oh yeah.

... and RBS, BoS, ........
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Fukin love Russia - would love a gig there, any leads Moskvichkaya Zhopa, prolly wrong translation I know it's a bit naughty....
                Nope, no leads. I have trouble reading Cyrillic now too, let alone translating.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Oh yeah.

... and RBS, BoS, ........
                  Don't forget how their first attempt at running their country ended:
                  http://scottishhistory.suite101.com/...saster_in_1700
                  Coffee's for closers

Comment

But now that England has been affected by the shocking natural phenomenon called snow, it is known as "FROZEN BRITAIN".

The grit has run out, the Army has been called in, and the supermarket shelves are bare of Hovis.
                    Rest of article

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                      Nope, no leads. I have trouble reading Cyrillic now too, let alone translating.
                      Cheers! Never mind, I was once offered a job in Moscow in 1992 when I was an Accountant, for Moscow Star I think, long time ago. Anyway it was 60k STG a year plus flat and a driver, three times what I was on then, I turned it down, wasn't a stable time in Russia then but now I sometimes think I should have chanced my arm...

Comment

Working...
                      X