• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Problems with the economy are just starting ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Agreed. Bad news all round
    Yes, and we can always rely upon you to be bearer of same!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

As the PIGS are in deep tulipe (unemployment in Spain is at depression levels - 20% and Greece is effectively bust), what will the Germans do as they move out of recession? Because a growing economy needs a different policy to one in the doldrums e.g. you cannot keep interest rates low.
      Italy and the like used to devalue and inflate in past situations like this but cannot now - they have to make the hard decision to stick with austerity.
      Its going to be interesting.
      Meanwhile in the UK whatever government is elected in May will have to make swingeing cuts so expect unemployment (in the public sector) to be massively increased, house prices to fall drastically and the postponed recession to take hold.
      The bizarre thing is that the stockmarket and just about everybody of note commenting publicly point to things being OK in 2010. However in private various mates who work in the City/finance are saying sell sell sell. The people who created the financial mess are still in charge and still taking us all for a ride.

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
        ... However in private various mates who work in the City/finance are saying sell sell sell. The people who created the financial mess are still in charge and still taking us all for a ride.
        Yup, been saying it for months: Speed - The 50 MPH bus ride, with the manic bus driver cum bomber still in charge, and us screaming passengers in the back.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          But at least we can hope that you personally will do well in this crisis and will ride the wave to success in owning a few streets full of bedsits in London?
          Indeed. Opportunities to make money always exist - ain't capitalism great?
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Yes, and we can always rely upon you to be bearer of same!
            Well in your simple and happy world I'm sure everything is just fine and dandy.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Indeed. Opportunities to make money always exist - ain't capitalism great?
              Private profits, but losses are for the taxpayers to bear eh?

Comment

Well in your simple and happy world I'm sure everything is just fine and dandy.
                Maybe not, but the last thing that is required is a gloomy harbinger of doom like you tediously repeating snippets that clearly pass so far over your head they cannot be glimpsed without binoculars. In short, if I want an informed opinion about the state of the economy I will ask an expert, and not put too much faith in someone of your limited ability to regurgitate what you have overheard whilst mopping the bogs.
                “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
                  Maybe not, but the last thing that is required is a gloomy harbinger of doom like you tediously repeating snippets that clearly pass so far over your head they cannot be glimpsed without binoculars. In short, if I want an informed opinion about the state of the economy I will ask an expert, and not put too much faith in someone of your limited ability to regurgitate what you have overheard whilst mopping the bogs.
                  I can just imagine Christmas in your family, all the rest of them fixed in a rictus grin, while they indulge simple Uncle SB in his verbal diarrhoea.

Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

I can just imagine Christmas in your family, all the rest of them fixed in a rictus grin, while they indulge simple Uncle SB in his verbal diarrhoea.

I can break the insults down for you, or do you need it in pictorial form again?

Comment

It seems this thread has turned into handbags at 20 paces, leave it SB 'es not worth it.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X