• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor finds himself agreeing with the Daily Mail

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    If any of you fckwts knew anything about Bipolar Disorder then perhaps you wouldn't see the situation in the black and white terms you're posting in.

Capital punishment is abhorrent regardless of the circumstances and your obvious prejudice or ignorance of mental health issues is worthy of the deepest despair.
    As I said , I oppose the death penalty in general. However, China isn't here. What punishment would be accpetable for carrying 4KG of heroin in China for someone:

a) With no mental health problems
    b) Someone with Bipolar Disorder

and why are these punishments different?

Comment

If any of you fckwts knew anything about Bipolar Disorder then perhaps you wouldn't see the situation in the black and white terms you're posting in.

Capital punishment is abhorrent regardless of the circumstances and your obvious prejudice or ignorance of mental health issues is worthy of the deepest despair.
      I lost my youngest son to drugs, he died because of drug trafficking scumbags like this, I have lived a life of hell for the past 2 years because of these worthless parasites, My wife still cries herself to sleep at night. I watch her break down every time we visit the cemetery, every time she looks at her baby's photograph. I don't care what mental illness they have, I don't care if it's a pregnant teenage girl with Bipolar Disorder. I would Kill the lowlife parasitic scum out of hand and make the world a better place.
      When they announced the execution of this drug trafficking scum I was elated, maybe a few more families will be spared the agony that we are going through.

There is No grey area with drug trafficking. I would like to see the death penalty brought in for anybody involved with or supporting the distribution of illegal drugs.
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
        I lost my youngest son to drugs, he died because of drug trafficking scumbags like this, I have lived a life of hell for the past 2 years because of these worthless parasites, My wife still cries herself to sleep at night. I watch her break down every time we visit the cemetery, every time she looks at her baby's photograph. I don't care what mental illness they have, I don't care if it's a pregnant teenage girl with Bipolar Disorder. I would Kill the lowlife parasitic scum out of hand and make the world a better place.
        When they announced the execution of this drug trafficking scum I was elated, maybe a few more families will be spared the agony that we are going through.

There is No grey area with drug trafficking. I would like to see the death penalty brought in for anybody involved with or supporting the distribution of illegal drugs.
        No-one here is against the death penalty for drug traffickers who understand what they are doing(please correct me if wrong). But I couldn't kill someone who is too ill/stupid to know what they are doing.

Nevertheless I do understand you point of view : maybe if I had been what you had been through I would agree. I hope I never have to find out.

Hope time makes things better for you and your wife(not sure that it will).

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
          As I said , I oppose the death penalty in general. However, China isn't here. What punishment would be accpetable for carrying 4KG of heroin in China for someone:

a) With no mental health problems
          b) Someone with Bipolar Disorder

and why are these punishments different?
          Because the act committed is different.
          Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            No-one here is against the death penalty for drug traffickers who understand what they are doing(please correct me if wrong). But I couldn't kill someone who is too ill/stupid to know what they are doing.

Nevertheless I do understand you point of view : maybe if I had been what you had been through I would agree. I hope I never have to find out.

Hope time makes things better for you and your wife(not sure that it will).
            He was quite capable of running a business, bringing up children and travelling the world.

I am sick to death of people making excuses for these scumbags. They cause heartache and misery wherever they go. They rob us of our children and tear families apart.
            There are No excuses for drug trafficking, even my 4 year old Granddaughter knows that drugs are bad, and knows right from wrong.
            If that scumbag was less capable than my 4 year old granddaughter, he would only have been able to get to China to traffic Heroin if he had been accompanied by a carer on a 24hr basis. He wasn't.

The Chinese Government have my wholehearted gratitude for ridding the world of another parasite.

Anybody wishing to dispute with me the death penalty for drug traffickers should first hold Their dead child in their arms, should first hold the child's mother in their arms and listen to their heart rending screams of anguish and watch as the very light of life dims in their eyes. Should feel the emptiness that it leaves inside, an emptiness that will never be filled.

There is no pity in me for these traffickers, no sorrow or regret when they die. These emotions I save for their millions of victims and the families torn apart by these parasites.

How many would have died had that Heroin reached the UK? It is estimated that 2 of our children die for every 10 Kilo of Heroin that reaches the UK.
            How many more have to die before the UK takes the stance of China and the Philippines and starts killing off the cause of this plague on humanity.

Comment

As far as I have read, the only people who said he had bipolar disorder were some friends and family, most of whom only came forward last week.

And to assume that no-one on here, apart from you, has any experience of mental illness is much more ignorant than that which you accuse the rest of the board.

From a UK mental health charity website:

* 1 in 4 people will experience some kind of mental health problem in the course of a year
              * About 10% of children have a mental health problem at any one time
              * Depression affects 1 in 5 older people living in the community

So I think we can fairly be certain that lots of people posting here know what the fsck they're talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                So I think we can fairly be certain that lots of people posting here know what the fsck they're talking about.
                Doesn't look like it from here.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

No demand no drug trafficking. Anybody using illegal drugs knows the consequences and should be treated the same way as dealers - no grey area.
                  Me, me, me...

Comment

I am sick to death of people making excuses for these scumbags. They cause heartache and misery wherever they go. They rob us of our children and tear families apart.
                    There are No excuses for drug trafficking, even my 4 year old Granddaughter knows that drugs are bad, and knows right from wrong.
                    I hate to say this, and I'd never suggest that anyone should go easy on drug dealers, but your stance suggests once again that the people who take the drugs are entirely blameless victims of the dealers. I know you'd probably say that it's the weak and the vulnerable that are preyed upon by the dealers, and that may be true, but then somebody with bipolar disorder would come under that category, and if the "victims" don't have to be held responsibe for their actions because of their vulnerabilities, then neither does this bloke.

One thing I do agree with from that Daily Mail article is the laughable treatement of Pete Docherty by the courts. Time and time again being virtually let off. As a repeat offender, and as a public figure, they should be making an example of him. Why is he not doing 10 years?
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

No demand no drug trafficking. Anybody using illegal drugs knows the consequences and should be treated the same way as dealers - no grey area.
                      That I don't agree with

There are children as young as eight years old addicted to Heroin in the UK, do you think they knew the consequences when they were given it to try?

These Drug dealers you support are targeting children in the schools.

You need to grow up and start living in the real world

Comment

Working...
                      X