• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3rd of January

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
    How's that for a statement of intent. Be afraid Timmy, be very afraid.

As the new song round Ibrox goes, "You can stick your Henrik Larsson up your ar5e"

I have my ticket, SE corner area 118. The party tunes are getting rehearsed.

The Tarbolton Traitor has scored 1 goal against us at CP I believe. Can't see that changing on sunday. 7 points down to 4 with a game in hand. Bring it on!!
    “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

The job was breaking down this ultra-defensive Rangers side and in the 19th minute it looked like Celtic had succeeded, with Marc-Antoine Fortune beating Allan McGregor to a high ball and heading home.

Just why Steve Conroy disallowed this perfectly legitimate goal remains a mystery and it wasn’t the first poor decision that went against Celtic, with the referee also choosing to produce a yellow card for a shocking challenge by Kyle Lafferty on Andreas Hinkel that should have been a straight red
      Same old same old.
      Still, come May we will be top.....................<placeholder>
      “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by welsh1927 View Post
        4th round draw in the cup

Cardiff City v Leeds would be nice
        Sorted.

Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          Same old same old.
          Still, come May we will be top.....................<placeholder>
          Pash.

Come the end of May, this goal and this game will be seen as when you lost the title. I grant you, the Dhims were the better team on the day, but considering our best 11 starting line up would be (without even thinking about where Mendes would slot in):

...........McGregor
          Broadfoot Weir Bougherra Papac
          Beasley Davis Thomson Novo
          ..........Boyd Miller
          And out of that team we had 5 missing (Novo getting huckled by the greek gorrilla after 10 minutes) the fact we came away with a point is testament to the bears. As the song goes "That's why we're champions." Out of your team on the day, you could only rightly say that Scott Brown would have started. If we have a full squad against you's come February with that defence of yours we're going to run riot. We keep hearing your lot chunter on about our squad and lack of signings. Considering we have to use players like Whittaker and Lafferty and you still can't take advantage of that shows who has the real problem and your biscuit tin boardroom will never agree to fund the type of players you need. It'll be more signings to satisfy the 'green hat man.'

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

And out of that team we had 5 missing (Novo getting huckled by the greek gorrilla after 10 minutes) the fact we came away with a point is testament to the poor refereeing

Out of your team on the day, you could only rightly say that Scott Brown would have started. If we have a full squad against you's come February
            The fact is that out of your 11 players, 10 were internationals. The Tarbolton Traitor never got a touch of the ball either I believe, was he even playing?
            But for the Ref that Wattie deviously intimidated with his comments this week, we would have been 1-0 up and playing 10 men for the last hour of the match. It could have been a cricket score.
            Anyway, by February's match I expect us to be a lot stronger and the best you mob can hope for is that nobody gets sold or injured (I won't include suspended as a contingency because we all know that your friends in the SFA won't allow that to happen!).
            Hopefully a few of the other SPL teams were watching us demolish you yesterday, and will choose not to roll over the way they have recently.
            Be afraid incog, very afraid!

Comment

Anyway, by February's match I expect us to be a lot stronger and the best you mob can hope for is that nobody gets sold or injured (I won't include suspended as a contingency because we all know that your friends in the SFA won't allow that to happen!).
              Yeah, it's not like Miller was suspended for the last game or anything was it. Christ, the paranoia's set in already

Be afraid incog, very afraid!
              I will be losing no sleep over any team old monkey head can muster. Did you's no hear us chanting at the end "Mowbray must stay"

"I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

Comment

Originally posted by welsh1927 View Post
                4th round draw in the cup

Bristol City v Leeds would be nice
                Even better.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

I will be losing no sleep over any team old monkey head can muster.
                  Not surprisingly when you are likely to have a referee that won't spot penalties we should be awarded until the day after the game, won't send a Rangers player off unless he produces a flamethrower, and will disallow perfectly good goals scored by us.
                  Despite all of that, yesterday showed that we are streets ahead of you as a footballing side. We WILL strengthen and you will be fortunate to stand still. Only one way that will end.

Comment

Not surprisingly when you are likely to have a referee that won't spot penalties we should be awarded until the day after the game, won't send a Rangers player off unless he produces a flamethrower, and will disallow perfectly good goals scored by us.
                    Hey, we never asked for Conroy, you should have got young Ryan to put more pressure on his uncle.

Despite all of that, yesterday showed that we are streets ahead of you as a footballing side. We WILL strengthen and you will be fortunate to stand still. Only one way that will end.
                    No, you're streets ahead of our makeshift squad players, but even with all that pressure, monkey heads first choice strikers demonstrate yet again they wouldn't even be able to score in a brothel with a free coupon.

Comment

Hey, we never asked for Conroy
                      No? Just who did youse ask for? Based on traditional OF Ref performances one might be excused for believing your mob had some input to appointments and their subsequent performances.

No, you're streets ahead of our makeshift squad players
                      Get used to it, because Lloyds Bank are likely to ensure that all you will have to pick from soon is what currently constitutes "makeshift squad players".
                      Bougherra, Boyd, Davis, McGregor............

Still, cheer up. I hear Nicky Weaver is being touted as a shoe-in replacement between the sticks! And Davie Weir has promised to put his Bus Pass up for auction to raise some much needed capital!

Comment

Working...
                      X