• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eh? England cricketers pasting South Africa?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
    Some cream or sugar for those sour grapes?
    Pass the sarson's

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post

FFS! How lucky can one team be to be leading a series when being comprehensively outplayed most of the time.
      It's being good enough to take your chances when they arrive. Something England succeeded in doing at Durban.

And something SA repeatedly fail to do. Atherton at Centurion in 1996, Croft and Fraser at Old Trafford in 1998, Atherton at wherever in England it was when Donald was firing in 1998, Onions at Centurion and again here, the list is getting longer.

I wouldn't like to accuse SA cricketers of being chokers, but when you mix in their repeated absurd failures in cricket world cups, you have to wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        It's being good enough to take your chances when they arrive. Something England succeeded in doing at Durban.

And something SA repeatedly fail to do. Atherton at Centurion in 1996, Croft and Fraser at Old Trafford in 1998, Atherton at wherever in England it was when Donald was firing in 1998, Onions at Centurion and again here, the list is getting longer.

I wouldn't like to accuse SA cricketers of being chokers, but when you mix in their repeated absurd failures in cricket world cups, you have to wonder.
        Neat deflection for 2 there doggy but you digress. Eng are hardly deserving series winners based on the 3 tests so far. End of.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Neat deflection for 2 there doggy but you digress. Eng are hardly deserving series winners based on the 3 tests so far. End of.
          Neither are SA if they can't take 20 wickets in a match. End of.

I predicted a draw before the series (I even posted it here if anybody cares) and I think the Saffas might just nick the last test...
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
            Neither are SA if they can't take 20 wickets in a match. End of.
            Stop being logical and allow me to moan in peace please.

Comment

It was great viewing at the end, but SA had ~140 overs to bowl Eng out and couldn't.
              From Lunch until the last half hour they were toothless and look out of ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                It was great viewing at the end, but SA had ~140 overs to bowl Eng out and couldn't.
                From Lunch until the last half hour they were toothless and look out of ideas.
                Except Steyn. That joust with Collingwood after lunch was reminiscent of Donald v Atherton in 1998. Top stuff.

Agreed about the rest though. Morkel wasn't at it in this innings, De Wet wasn't fully fit, and Harris isn't very good. And as for Kallis, his main weapon is boring batsmen out, which wasn't going to happen here.

Comment

Working...
                X