• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The best thing England has ever given the world

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top Gear is ok, but the serious car bits are a bit boring tbh, especially when they showcase cars that only Russian Oligarchs (and AtW at some point in the future) can afford.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
      Strange comment!!!

Whilst I agree that Top Gear can be entertaining at times, not sure what your motives are exactly.

Weirdo alert!!!!
      Cretin
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Watched that episode twice now - ok they repeated it last night less than 24 hours after the first showing.

I was nearly calling trailfinders by the end of the show...
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Last year's series, yes it was amusing, this year the only time I how interest is when they have the "boring car bits" (as they call then).

I'm actually enjoying the re-runs on dave a lot more.
          Hello !!! You are comparing the star to itself since there is nothing remotely close to compare it to ..
          Last edited by newblood; 29 December 2009, 13:12.

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
            Strange comment!!!

Whilst I agree that Top Gear can be entertaining at times, not sure what your motives are exactly.

Weirdo alert!!!!
            Well take a look at some of the other major shows - i.e Carr or whatever ...

Comment

The best thing England has ever given the world
              It isn't Englishmen

English women maybe
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Top Gear isn't for women.

Comment

Originally posted by newblood View Post
                  Well take a look at some of the other major shows - i.e Carr or whatever ...
                  Hardly "unique" though, is it?
                  Perspective please.
                  “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    Top Gear isn't for women.
                    That's nice dear, go put the kettle on, there's a luv
                    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
                      That's nice dear, go put the kettle on, there's a luv
                      Seeing as you're in the kitchen (and if you aren't why ever not) put it on yourself luv

Comment

Working...
                      X