• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do offices open on Christmas eve?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    Half day here, and full billing already approved!!

Power went in entire building about 10 mins after I posted that.

Home by 11:30!

Comment

Going to office now to add some more disks for SKA and start Xmas index build... it's rather white outside

Comment

Leaving at 1pm today.

I always work up to Christmas because it's so easy. I don't like working over the holiday itself, i.e. before New Year, though that time really is easy money.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Fixed a couple of bugs, and will leave at 1pm and bill for half a day.

Merry Christmas one and all
          Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            Filled a couple of bags with stationary, and will leave at 1pm before they notice and call the old bill.

Merry Christmas one and all
            FTFY

Merry Christmas OwlHoot
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Just had an email from the boss saying to knock off now and enjoy myself
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Finished yesterday and no more work/invoicing until the 4th Jan, if I can be bothered to go back then........ might stay off until the 11th. With just over 260 billed days this year and only 2 weeks off in the last 18 months I think I deserve a rest

Merry Xmas all

Comment

Slackers - I plan to work until at least 6pm

Though to be fair I just got into the office and plan to spend half the time playing some Wii Golf...

Comment

I have been working all day and will be all through the holidays, apart from the statutory days.

Off course, working from home I've actually had FA to do for the past week and imagine it will continue till the new year.

Having said that I'm sure I'll get some chap from the sub-continent calling with an urgent problem at 5pm today.

Comment

Banks all over Europe are still working, so I'm working too.

Comment

Working...
                      X