• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contingency Planning - XMas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
    As no one has got into the festive spirit - I'll go first.

If you can't fly then you and CM are welcome to join us for dinner
    Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Ah Thanks Monkey
    WSS.

I'll have the Turkey, CM will be quite happy with a "Chip Sandwich"!

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post

Bad Diver, Bad
      Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
        Well I've just applied for a refund on my cancelled flight. I wonder how much vermin air are going to give me back

Just as well I never went over, trying to get a flight out tomorrow (they only fly out once a day to Luton from Knock) would have been nigh on impossible and that would have meant the nightmare before, during and after xmas for me in the sticks.

Dublin is not so bad.
        Stupid thing is it will be Luton with the problem. My folks live near knock (bohola) and there isn't that much snow over there - well there wasn't last time I spoke to them 24 hours ago!
        Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          Used my windscreen washers without thinking. Windscreen instantly froze over, wife screamed, I shouted Oh Sheeeeeeeeeet and managed to get my head out of the side window to negotiate the roundabout and pull over to scrape the screen clear
          And to change underpants..........shirley??
          “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish View Post
            Stupid thing is it will be Luton with the problem. My folks live near knock (bohola) and there isn't that much snow over there - well there wasn't last time I spoke to them 24 hours ago!
            blimely, you live not very far where I come from then (Balla), small world

The earlier flight couldn't get over from Luton.

at least I get half me money back
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Ryan air are flying as normal from Liverpool to knock on 23rd. Liverpool was totally snow free on Monday when I flew out to Geneva and are not currently reporting anything in the way of cancellations. Getting to Liverpool might be fun though - are the trains running at the moment?

Going Out

Regular Fare

Depart:
              Liverpool 11:40

Arrive:
              Knock 12:45

1 x Adult 44.99 GBP

Fare: 44.99 GBP
              Online Check-In: 5.00 GBP
              Taxes / Fees: 33.01 GBP
              Total Price: 83.00 GBP

My folks moved out there about 10 years ago. My dads family was originally from there (kiltimagh - probably spelt wrong) At one point not long back I was in a pub with 4 other blokes called Tony English and 4 called Patrick English. Can't get that many there now as great uncle popped his clogs.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
              X