• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contingency Planning - XMas

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
    Whatever happened PAR? Did that approach once in a Wasp in almost zero visibility.
    I did an almost zero visibility approach to a roundabout day before yesterday.

Used my windscreen washers without thinking. Windscreen instantly froze over, wife screamed, I shouted Oh Sheeeeeeeeeet and managed to get my head out of the side window to negotiate the roundabout and pull over to scrape the screen clear

Yes I know I deserve some kind of award
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      I did an almost zero visibility approach to a roundabout day before yesterday.

Used my windscreen washers without thinking. Windscreen instantly froze over, wife screamed, I shouted Oh Sheeeeeeeeeet and managed to get my head out of the side window to negotiate the roundabout and pull over to scrape the screen clear

Yes I know I deserve some kind of award
      And now we come to this years "Dick 'ead of the year" award...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        You know, that's exactly what she called me

Comment

My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

The flight is Thursday morning. It'll be a quick trip to Ringway and if the weather is FUBAR then back home and off to M&S - I fancy Rib of Beef Nigella Stylee! CM has to wear a sexy red frock to cook it!
            Well I've just applied for a refund on my cancelled flight. I wonder how much vermin air are going to give me back

Just as well I never went over, trying to get a flight out tomorrow (they only fly out once a day to Luton from Knock) would have been nigh on impossible and that would have meant the nightmare before, during and after xmas for me in the sticks.

Dublin is not so bad.
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Well I've just applied for a refund on my cancelled flight. I wonder how much vermin air are going to give me back

Just as well I never went over, trying to get a flight out tomorrow (they only fly out once a day to Luton from Knock) would have been nigh on impossible and that would have meant the nightmare before, during and after xmas for me in the sticks.

Dublin is not so bad.
              Ha, that reminds me of a song by that mad transvestite! Whatsisname... Oh yeah, Christy Moore!

Comment

not to be confused with BGGs place in which case it would be an "S&M Xmas" probably...
                I certainly hope so
                Growing old is mandatory
                Growing up is optional

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  I certainly hope so
                  Calm down dear, it's only an internet forum...

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    Last major driving incident in snow

What got me was the Taxi driver calmly acted as if it was an everyday occurrence

Comment

Calm down dear, it's only an internet forum...
                      You mean that this is not a true representation of real life
                      Growing old is mandatory
                      Growing up is optional

Comment

Working...
                      X