• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Exotic webcams

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Looks like the band are tuning up on the stage cam.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo View Post
      I would say the Canaries can be a good spot at this time of year.

But as others have said, pick your spot very carefully. I used to like going to Lanzarote. Costa Teguise is OK, Playa Blanca is better. Stay away from the Puerto del Carmen.

For webcams of somewhere exotic try here http://www.eol.co.nz/community.php.

If he lives where he said he does you might get to see Tay.
      I've just discovered Ryanair go from my local airport and the price is dirt cheap. What's the chance of finding very cheap accommodation after I land? And can you hire a moped or something to tour the island?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
        I've just discovered Ryanair go from my local airport and the price is dirt cheap. What's the chance of finding very cheap accommodation after I land? And can you hire a moped or something to tour the island?
        I can't help you with cheap accommodation.

To do it contractor style look at this place:
        http://www.solmelia.com/hotels/spain...arote/home.htm

It could be worth taking a chance and seeing what you can get. It is unlikely (although possible) that you will have to contend with inclement weather if you have to sleep rough.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          I go to the Canaries regular, usually hire a bicycle and a motorbike near where I'm staying and go riding up and down the volcanos.

The main road hazard I've found is the time-share touts. They really are everywhere and so aggressive. I've even had them jump out right in front of me as I'm zipping downhill in an aero position. Would recommend you absolutely avoid the Mogan area of Gran Canaria as this is where they seem to be most concentrated. I've also found a few phrases in Icelandic to be useful, as then you can claim not to understand them, and they can't answer you back.... (Turning to girly and saying "Hann er rugludallur" is my favourite.)

If you're going exploring, recommend you take a large camel-back with electrolytes in it, GPS, map and a bag with some proper warm clothing. You can find yourself at pretty high altitudes quite quickly without realising it. Yes, and on that, if you feel a little odd, giddy, mouth going suddenly dry: just stop

Also care to the kind of motorbike if you're going exploring, something off roady like a BMW F-650. You will need the brakes and you will need the range on the tank. The little mopeds are only good around sea-level and can't stand the altitude changes.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
            I go to the Canaries regular, usually hire a bicycle and a motorbike near where I'm staying and go riding up and down the volcanos.

The main road hazard I've found is the time-share touts. They really are everywhere and so aggressive. I've even had them jump out right in front of me as I'm zipping downhill in an aero position. Would recommend you absolutely avoid the Mogan area of Gran Canaria as this is where they seem to be most concentrated. I've also found a few phrases in Icelandic to be useful, as then you can claim not to understand them, and they can't answer you back.... (Turning to girly and saying "Hann er rugludallur" is my favourite.)

If you're going exploring, recommend you take a large camel-back with electrolytes in it, GPS, map and a bag with some proper warm clothing. You can find yourself at pretty high altitudes quite quickly without realising it. Yes, and on that, if you feel a little odd, giddy, mouth going suddenly dry: just stop

Also care to the kind of motorbike if you're going exploring, something off roady like a BMW F-650. You will need the brakes and you will need the range on the tank. The little mopeds are only good around sea-level and can't stand the altitude changes.
            Do you get lighter the further you are above sea level?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
              Do you get lighter the further you are above sea level?

Definitely got light headed a few times.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
              X