• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How dumb can you get?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
    If my parents had kept a couple of their old plates they would have been worth quite a lot of money...

...eventually, but it didn't seem worth the cost and hassle at the time
    The old man in the 1960s went to look at a Riley RMB. The price was £40 - £20 was for the car and £20 for the number plate (which was a 3-letter followed by 1 combo). When the owner took him out for a test drive the brakes failed resulting in a trip through a hedge and a bent wing. The owner then offered the whole lot for £20 which my old man was happy to agree to as he was still keen on the car. The Riley was eventually turned in to some made special with a Jag XK engine and fibreglass body by my Uncle and scrapped a good twenty years later. My Dad still has the plate though.

Comment

Working...
    X