• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Flying

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. A Jumbo Jet weighs more than an elephant
    2. There are 1800 thunderstorms on Earth at any given moment
    3. There are 8.5 million lightning strikes on Earth every single day, (p.s. a bolt of lightning always hits the highest point)
    4. There's also a lot of mad Libyan terrorists about
    5. And don't forget those Iraqi's - they're still livid
    6. The distance between the wing-tips of a Boeing 747 is longer than the first flight made by the Wright brothers, but shorter than the Irish football team's passing game
    7. A plane can also cut wood. It can scythe down one square mile of trees when it crashes into a forest
    8. All the world's airlines demand a copy of the Irish football team's fixture list, so that their aeroplanes can avoid the stadiums where Ireland are playing
    9. Chaos Theory, also known as Sod's Law, predicts that if you are terrified of flying that you take a train or ship instead, a 747 will probably crash on your carriage or recreation deck
    10. The whole fleet of Air Europe recently went down - in one single night
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

On my way back

Having to touch type at the airport as this is a cyrillic keyboard. LOL. Flying back home tonight and get back in to sunny Luton at 8:10pm. Paid 10UAH to get the internet access just to post (how sad am I?)

Missing you all.

Chuffing cold out here btw. -16 last night and not a smidge over -8 in the daytime.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

a) I'm glad you survived the outward trip.

b) Hopefully the snow won't result in our airports being closed.

c) Be glad you're not with BA.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

[QUOTE=RichardCranium;1027085]a) I'm glad you survived the outward trip.

QUOTE]

but you are not safe yet, 100% of plane crashes happen on the return journey. Fact.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

b) Hopefully the snow won't result in our airports being closed.

c) Be glad you're not with BA.
            So glad to hear your post. Eye opener visiting here. I am not a good traveller as you know, but without SY02 to keep me in check I feel a bit exposed. I should not be allowed near sharp objects if truth be told.

Touch typing is ok so maybe there's hope for me yrerdfdt, sorry, yet. :-)

Comment

[QUOTE=Jeebo72;1027088]
              Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post

QUOTE]

but you are not safe yet, 100% of plane crashes happen on the return journey. Fact.
              Bite my shiny metal ass.

HTH

Comment

[QUOTE=suityou01;1027091]
                Originally posted by Jeebo72 View Post

Bite my shiny metal ass.

HTH
                On the of chance you actually make it back... i will ;-)

Comment

BBC has article about Iran testing "special missile" yet the article is not available to me here. mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

[QUOTE=Jeebo72;1027092]
                    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

On the of chance you actually make it back... i will ;-)

shiny metal

Comment

Oh dear!

Comment

Working...
                      X