• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Top Five Guitar Solos

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fleetwood
    Martin Barre.

My guess is that this one was taken when Martin was playing that blistering guitar break in My God from aqualung.

PS Fleet perhaps this is an obscure one, but one of the best ever guitar breaks Ive heard was from a Steve Hillage who appeared on an obscure album named Clear Light Symphony , apart fromt the extraordinary guitar from Hillage it really is an stunning album, all instrumental.

You can find out more about the ClearLight Symphony here

http://www.progarchives.com/Progress....asp?cd_id=205
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 6 December 2005, 13:52.

Comment

Jethro Tull

Wow, now there is a name I have not heard for ages. Back from a time when "Mr Anderson" cojured up images of the past and not the future

Guitair solos of note in my book must be Soul Sacrifice live at Woodstock (Drum solo is not too bad either) by Santana. As mentioned BMW is also pretty haunting as well.

This week, I shall mainly be downloading Jethro Tull Mp3's , which is nice

There are no evil thoughts except one: the refusal to think

Comment

I can't believe no-one has included Freebird by Lynnard Skynnard - absolutely blinding

Comment

Originally posted by sunnysan
          Wow, now there is a name I have not heard for ages. Back from a time when "Mr Anderson" cojured up images of the past and not the future

Guitair solos of note in my book must be Soul Sacrifice live at Woodstock (Drum solo is not too bad either) by Santana. As mentioned BMW is also pretty haunting as well.

This week, I shall mainly be downloading Jethro Tull Mp3's , which is nice

Aye Sus

That was good, the old Soul Sacrifice, eh ?

Saw Mr Anderson play a set back in Jan in Glasgow at the Celtic Connection festival , he can still play the flute like a demon altough his voice was strained at times.

Alas ! He is also balding somewhat now .

Comment

best solo

Simple - any solo by Stevie Ray Vaughan.

Comment

Working...
            X