• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Blair starts backtracking on the Iraq WMD argument

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    He was hanged by the Iraqies, no amount of UK/US involvement would have saved him.
    He was given to a US-constructed and appointed Iraqi court knowing full well what the outcome would be. If we were so holier-than-thou that we can wade in and replace the Iraqi government, then why were we washing our hands of it at the end? It was complicity to execution and I think the UK government should have made a very vocal objection. Just like we should not have silently permitted and colluded in imprisonment without trial for years and torture.

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    I'd say death penalty should be allowed for heads of states and such who commit very serious crimes or criminal mistakes that has lead to massive negative consequences that involved loss of live.
    You can think what you like, it's illegal.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
      He was given to a US-constructed and appointed Iraqi court knowing full well what the outcome would be.
      You think any other court in Iraq would have given him less than death penalty? Maybe only if Saddam himself appointed the judges.

If we were so holier-than-thou that we can wade in and replace the Iraqi government, then why were we washing our hands of it at the end?
      It's the matter to Iraq to decide how they live there, effectively internal matter. It becomes external if they develop nukes or fund terrorism or attack allies of the west.

You can think what you like, it's illegal.
      The invasion was bornerline on illegal - however hanging of Saddam is totally internal matter for Iraq. He deserved it also just like Nazi criminals were hanged in Nurnberg and just like Soviet ones should have been. The same standard howevers hould be applied to all heads of states, top generals etc.

Comment

Working...
      X