• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Brown and Sarkozy show

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded View Post
    What about the ransom paid for King Richard...65000 pounds of silver.
    It was only about 3 tons, not 30 tons. Now about £1.8m

Edit: You were referring to £s, not lbs, weren't you!
    Last edited by RichardCranium; 11 December 2009, 16:11. Reason: Stupid imperial measures.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

What about the ransom paid for King Richard...65000 pounds of silver.
      65 k pounds. wow. It was worth it, Richard came back. With Knud, so did the tide. With Brown, so will the ice age.

ranty rant
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

65k of silver back then, is worth what now? It was used to build the city of New Vienna, and a good few interesting people such as Porsche hailed from there, they built the first V2 rockets, and nearly all of Austrias special forces are based there, so it must be worth a good few billion now.
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

65k of silver back then, is worth what now?
          Am I on your ignore list?

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
          Now about £1.8m
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
          X