• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Le Weekendio

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Cos I'm a girl and I've never done it before.

I don't have any plans as I have an ill baby. Cheer me up by telling me all your plans, please.
    I really hope the baby gets better soon : calpol is a wonderful thing ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Hare
      Ah, Anglian road kill.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Mullys tonight, Mullys tomorrow and Christmas Markets on Sunday.

I will make a vow now.... never to miss another CUK do... gutted!!
        Anyway, this evening we're off to Mullys for a couple of beers.

Putting up the Xmas tree tomorrow, Mullys tomorrow evening.

Xmas market in Manchester on Sunday afternoon with friends and family.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Did you wash off innocent Iraqies blood off your dirty spekulants money?
          Everyone knows the war in Iraq was to prevent WMD being used against the west, figthing terrorism and liberating the Iraqi people, nothing to do with oil.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            I really hope the baby gets better soon : calpol is a wonderful thing ;-)
            Thank you, so do I.

I cannot get him to take calpol or anything similar from a spoon; he is now a very wilful individual (dunno where he gets that from).

He purses his lips tightly closed as soon as he spots the medicine spoon, and thrashes his head around. Should I manage to get a droplet between his lips, it is violently dispelled.

My mate who's a nurse is getting me one of those plastic syringe jobbies, but I reckon he will still hoof it up everywhere.
            Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
            +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
              Everyone knows the war in Iraq was to prevent WMD being used against the west, figthing terrorism and liberating the Iraqi people, nothing to do with oil.

HTH
              Operation Iraqi Liberation?

Ain't that the truth.

We should've sorted Saddam out as part of Desert Storm if that was the case.

F**k the UN mandates or lack of - we know that they can/are created on a whim!

Comment

.. plastic syringe jobbies ..
                What we did. Insert and squirt into cheek.

Comment

Thank you, so do I.

I cannot get him to take calpol or anything similar from a spoon; he is now a very wilful individual (dunno where he gets that from).

He purses his lips tightly closed as soon as he spots the medicine spoon, and thrashes his head around. Should I manage to get a droplet between his lips, it is violently dispelled.

My mate who's a nurse is getting me one of those plastic syringe jobbies, but I reckon he will still hoof it up everywhere.
                  Syringe is the way forward. Put in at the side of his mouth and squirt a little at a time so he doesn't choke on it. He will scream and cry!

Comment

Cos I'm a girl and I've never done it before.

I don't have any plans as I have an ill baby. Cheer me up by telling me all your plans, please.
                    This afternoon - probably watch some Disney film with the girls. Need to ring an agent about a job at some stage.

Tomorrow morning - take children to ballet. Steer clear of MrsF because she is preparing for the Ilkley craft fair on Sunday. Food shopping probably, then some kind of tea.

Sunday - put the tree up and decorate it with the girls while MrsF is out (she is leaving about 730 tomorrow morning to get there). Snuggle on the sofa and watch some telly with the kids. Some kind of afternoon snooze with the heating on.

(Try putting the medicine in a drink if baby won't take it off a spoon. Of course, that kind of fails if you are breastfeeding. If you are, then get a bottle of wine inside you and then feed - the one time DD1 slept through the night in her first year was after a bottle of wine )
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Tonight - CUK xmas binge drinking competition
                      Saturday - regretting said night out with strangers from t'internet
                      Sunday - relaxing with the papers
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X