• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Some nice comforting doom

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
    TW,

more and more I get the feeling, you are not a decision maker.

this appears to be the classic iceberg situation.

Makes for a fantastic spectator sport.

Milan.
    WHS.

You either feel the world is ending or it isn't. If you feel it isn't, just spread your savings around a few high interes UK bank accounts and relax.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      I don't know enough to make a decision.
      One of the arts of management is making a decision based on no knowledge.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Perhaps it's best to diversify, a bit of gold, shares, property, ect. That way you are only guaranteed to lose money.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
          Perhaps it's best to diversify, a bit of gold, shares, property, ect. That way you are only guaranteed to lose money.
          I think in your case, stick to a savings account or two.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            Good question. Buy property, buy gold, buy foreign shares and bonds, pray?
            Gold and foreign shares maybe !? But, for an aspiring mansion dweller and BTL king I'd stick with some cash. When we do finally have the real recession, in other words with a currency panic and high interest rates then you'll be quids in and can mop up oodles of cheap property.

ps. loads of the FTSE 100 Co's derive a good chunk of their income overseas

Comment

Originally posted by rootsnall View Post
              Gold and foreign shares maybe !? But, for an aspiring mansion dweller and BTL king I'd stick with some cash. When we do finally have the real recession, in other words with a currency panic and high interest rates then you'll be quids in and can mop up oodles of cheap property.

ps. loads of the FTSE 100 Co's derive a good chunk of their income overseas
              Indeed, I am still taking the gamble and holding a lot of sterling in UK banks. Not interested myself in BTL, only in securing Prawn Towers at a good price next year or the year after.

Buying more gold only on dips. A 20 or 30% drop in gold could happen any day now and I'll be piling in on any falls.

Comment

'A 20 or 30% drop in gold could happen any day now and I'll be piling in on any falls.'

how you know that ?

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  'A 20 or 30% drop in gold could happen any day now and I'll be piling in on any falls.'

how you know that ?

Milan.
                  Because a lot of (speculative, printed) money has piled into gold, and if we see some big defaults and crashes, these people, organisations and governments are going to cash in a large chunk of gold, take profits, and the gold market will fall for a short period.

Comment

crikey you little gold expert

have you heard about the gold short ?

anyway, I hope is does drop 30% will also pile in

but based upon information in the public domain do not see it happening

various central banks it is said are pending increasing their holdings

gold producers have bought back their hedges

but let's see eh

Milan.

Comment

Working...
                    X