• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New XBOX 360

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see no motive for shortage - when console just released in absense of competitors there is no need to cut price because there are plenty of first adopters around to splash their money, making bundles is also not an issue - choice of games is limited and since no game can be played on it unless its bought it ensures that games on offer will sell well, in fact not providing enough consoles will hurt sales of games - something that makes money.

Its just bad timing - IMO they are lucky to have made this deadline, just how many other deadlines Microsoft kept? I remember they announced object oriented file system when I was like 17 years old - in 1994 with a view to implement it in Windows NT 3.1 or 3.5, but now it won't even going to be in Vista.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
      I see no motive for shortage - when console just released in absense of competitors there is no need to cut price because there are plenty of first adopters around to splash their money, making bundles is also not an issue - choice of games is limited and since no game can be played on it unless its bought it ensures that games on offer will sell well, in fact not providing enough consoles will hurt sales of games - something that makes money.
      There is plenty of reason for the so-called 'shortage'.

A shortage makes the product more desirable, it's that feeling of getting it before everyone else. Mark my words, it'll be back in stock everywhere a few days before xmas.

There's also the fact that they are competing with other consoles this xmas. Yes, none of them have anywhere near the same power but its competition nonetheless. The PS2 has been heavily discounted (along with the original Xbox) and the PSP is 'suddenly' back in stock.

Earlier it was mentioned about bugs in the Xbox360. Well, what about the multitude of bugs found in the PSP? Another product that was released without proper testing, and which has had a series of firmware upgrades released.
      Discuss PDA/Smartphones
      Yeovil Town FC - the real green & whites

Comment

Well, you seem to know context of this market better than me, so perhaps you right about it.

Comment

I have no real interest in games consoles, but after reading this review, I want one - http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/12...view_xbox_360/

Comment

Working...
          X