• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Your favourite Turkey Leftover Recipe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRC1964 View Post
    Turkey and gammon pie.
    Might try that this year, as we have people staying for Boxing Day.

CUK for Recipe ideas, excellent
    Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

Turkey risotto. Very filling (but not as scrummy and filling as goose risotto).
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Generic turkey recipe

This recipe applies not just to leftover turkey but any turkey.

1. Lift up turkey
        2. Open door just under sink
        3. Place turkey in rectangular receptacle
        4. Close door

If it wasn't for Xmas I don't think anyone would buy turkey out of choice - it is so bland.

Comment

Originally posted by Naaarwich View Post
          If it wasn't for Xmas I don't think anyone would buy turkey out of choice - it is so bland.
          Get an organic one & cook it right & its tasty
          Growing old is mandatory
          Growing up is optional

Comment

Turkey Soup.
            Throw everything in and boil the beejeezus out of it. Strain the bones out through a colander and, if you are feeling adventurous then add curry powder and pass it off as Mulligaturkey Soup too. Keeps you regular!!
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Naaarwich View Post
              In the olden days, when they stuffed a bird, they didn't do it like we do it nowadays.

Try this. Get a very sharp knife and cut little slits in the turkey skin. Force a mixture of bacon bits, garlic, herbs, a bit of butter or fat (in fact, whatever takes your fancy) in between the skin and the meat.

cook it normally. Thats how they used to do it, hundreds of years ago

(\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Accidentally on purpose let the cat get it.

I don't really like Turkey much, it's not good enough for the rest of the year so why Christmas? I prefer the beef on boxing day.

Bah humbug etc.
                Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                  Get a very sharp knife and cut little slits in the turkey skin. Force a mixture of bacon bits, garlic, herbs, a bit of butter or fat (in fact, whatever takes your fancy) in between the skin and the meat.
                  I don't like lamb because I find it greasy.

A few years back my brother cooked a a lamb joint. Before doing so he made scores of cuts in it and into each one put a clove of garlic. He used about six BULBS of garlic on this lamb.

When it came out of the oven the garlic had caramelised and the fat had been stripped from the meat.

It was gorgeous.

He's a professional chef, BTW.
                  My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    I cooked a boxing day curry with all the leftovers. ALL the leftovers. The slighly soured brussel sprouts and cabbage soaked up all the curry juice. The in laws politely chomped through it but were not happy. The wife was not complimentary either. I loved it. And we kazooed for England afterwards.
                    Is a kazoo one of those twenty foot double-base trumpets they use in Tibet to produce sounds audible in the next mountain range? I'm guessing it is.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                      I don't like lamb because I find it greasy.

A few years back my brother cooked a a lamb joint. Before doing so he made scores of cuts in it and into each one put a clove of garlic. He used about six BULBS of garlic on this lamb.

When it came out of the oven the garlic had caramelised and the fat had been stripped from the meat.

It was gorgeous.

He's a professional chef, BTW.
                      RC , now you have gotten me going

I MUST try that

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X