• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dentist: Kerchiiing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weltchy View Post
    In all seriousness, your right, its the laser equipment that costs the money. Dread to think what the cost is
    Probably leased.

Comment

Originally posted by Weltchy View Post
      No no no. My fiancee is having laser surgery to correct her vision. 25 minutes work for the consultant, £3400 for the lot. Take off the £400 for staffing, admin fees, etc, thats £3000 for half an hour rounded up, 6k an hour or 48k a day.
      Friend of mine had it done in India, paid a fraction of what it cost over here. Can't remember how much exactly. He does however have the advantage of being Indian so speaks the lingo, etc.

Procedure was sucessful and now doesn't need ordingary glasses. I think he still has to wear his readers though.

Comment

Originally posted by conned tractor View Post
        ...Procedure was sucessful ...
        It's just that in 20 years time, the scarring will completely blind him and he'll need new lenses. Or something...
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          It's just that in 20 years time, the scarring will completely blind him and he'll need new lenses. Or something...
          That's fine. The NHS can pay for that. Just like it pays for breast enhancement reversals, sex change reversals, tattoo removals and all the other ill-conceived cosmetic work.
          My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

how much would it be to have them all pulled out?

Comment

Originally posted by bobhope View Post
              how much would it be to have them all pulled out?
              c£25 a go.

I can't imagine why you'd want a mouth full of bloody gums though...
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                That's fine. The NHS can pay for that. Just like it pays for breast enhancement reversals, sex change reversals, tattoo removals and all the other ill-conceived cosmetic work.
                Dont tell me they put your tackle in deep freeze in case you change your mind. A schoolboy joke about anchovie fillets springs to mind but I'll leave it there.

Comment

How much does a check-up and scale cost if you are with the NHS?

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
                    Probably leased.
                    still needs paying for and any lease agreement will probably add up to the cost of a brand new machine after 4-5 years.
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      How much does a check-up and scale cost if you are with the NHS?
                      From any number of sites:

If you pay for NHS dental treatment, there are three standard charges. Note that you only pay one dental charge even if you need to visit more than once to complete a course of dentist treatment

NHS Dentist Charges Structure
                      £16.50 - This charge includes an examination, diagnosis and preventive care. If necessary, this includes X-rays, scale and polish, and planning for further treatment. Urgent and out-of-hours care also costs £16.50.
                      £45.60 - This charge includes all necessary treatment covered by the £16.50 charge PLUS additional treatment such as fillings, root canal treatment or extractions.
                      £198 -This charge includes all necessary treatment covered by the £16.50 and £45.60 charges PLUS more complex procedures such as crowns, dentures or bridges.

Read more: Dentist Prices - NHS Dental Treatment Charges
                      http://www.whatprice.co.uk
                      If you are on benefits, such as Jobseeker's Allowance, the cost is £0.
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X