• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories lead diminishes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    Well said that man! Ever thought of being minister for fairness?

Things can only get better, can only get better.....

Well, there are some positive moves. As Polly Toynbee pointed out in The Guardian, Harriet Harman is taking a principled stand on the salary for the new chief executive of the Equality and Human Rights Commission. She vetoed the Hayes Consulting suggestion of £200k, and when Trevor Philips cut it to 160-185k, she still refused, pointing out that "anyone who will only do the job for a stonking salary is by definition unfit for a post that requires passionate commitment to the cause of equality".

So greater equality and fairness is something that Labour are committed to and are actually implementing.

The Tories, by contrast (and what a contrast!), only have a passionate commitment to the cause of their own money and power.
    Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
      Good. I was beginning to fear that public school boy/Bullingdon Bully Camera-on was going to be PM (FFS!). the country does not have time to wait for him to have an idea, or even a clue. He wanted less boost to the economy, remember, not more as Brown led the world in doing to save the economy.

I was planning to emigrate if the Tories got in but now I may be able to stay. Though really this country is still so unequal and unjust that Labour have so much work still to do, they really need a good majority. We might have to settle for a small one, though. At least when Brown/Darling's recovery kicks in during the next parliament, that should cement their victory in the following election.
      Well, there are some positive moves. As Polly Toynbee pointed out in The Guardian, Harriet Harman is taking a principled stand on the salary for the new chief executive of the Equality and Human Rights Commission. She vetoed the Hayes Consulting suggestion of £200k, and when Trevor Philips cut it to 160-185k, she still refused, pointing out that "anyone who will only do the job for a stonking salary is by definition unfit for a post that requires passionate commitment to the cause of equality".

So greater equality and fairness is something that Labour are committed to and are actually implementing.

The Tories, by contrast (and what a contrast!), only have a passionate commitment to the cause of their own money and power.

I want to put on record that this is not one of my troll-sockpuppets.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Christ alive!

Imagine a government driven by making money, wealth and one that promotes Britain as a new global power!

Yuk, that will never get us anywhere.

Let's instead focus on holding hands and creating the one millionth unelected, unaccountable quango. Better install more CCTV whilst we're at it!

Comment

What we want is a government that helps those who post on internet forums all day avoid tax. Skiving and tax avoidance, it's what drives a modern economy.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post

I want to put on record that this is not one of my troll-sockpuppets.
            Nor mine! I'd rather be thought a paedofile!

Er no, hang on...

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
              What we want is a government that helps those who post on internet forums all day avoid tax. Skiving and tax avoidance, it's what drives a modern economy.
              How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
              Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Christ alive!

Imagine a government driven by making money, wealth and one that promotes Britain as a new global power!

Yuk, that will never get us anywhere.

Let's instead focus on holding hands and creating the one millionth unelected, unaccountable quango. Better install more CCTV whilst we're at it!
                Superb idea. I'm sure they'll require a huge database to keep lots of information on. You know, the kind that'll go millions over budget and be delayed for years and years. Sounds like the perfect public sector gig. Toot toot!
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Most of the CUKkers on here, by contrast (and what a contrast!), only have a passionate commitment to the cause of their own money and ignorant rants, and know nothing of the less fortunate, nor want to know.
                  Fixed that for me
                  Step outside posh boy

Comment

Fixed that for me
                    Most of the CUKkers on here, by contrast (and what a contrast!), only have a passionate commitment to the cause of their own money and ignorant rants, and know nothing of the less fortunate, nor want to know.

You mean people like sasguru, forced to live in a shed in a rough part of London?

Comment

You mean people like sasguru, forced to live in a shed in a rough part of London?
                      That would have been funnier had "Gordon Brown" posted it

Comment

Working...
                      X