• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Yid army

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    If it was a boxing match it would have been stopped in the 6th. Best Prem win since ManUtuliped beat Ipswich 9-0
    and what have you won

great result - lets see how the seasons pans out

Comment

The term Yid is steeped in glory atm

HTH
      Actually, it is offensive used in the derogatory way that you have.
      Just like queer, w*g, paki and n!gger are offensive too.

But at least you've shown your true colours now, for the racist imbecile you are.
      Last edited by SantaClaus; 22 November 2009, 20:03.
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        Actually, it is offensive used in the derogatory way that you have.
        It certainly was when I was at school in North London. It was used as a term to describe Spurs supporters specifically to upset them.

However, I see this may no longer be true.

Edit: and possibly has not been true since 1936:

Hotspur fans call themselves the “Yids”, a name they adopted in 1936 when Oswald Mosley, leader of Britain’s fascist movement, led a march through London’s East End, calling “down with the Yids”.
        Last edited by RichardCranium; 22 November 2009, 20:08.
        My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Proud to be a Yid.

Imbecile yes, racist no. HTH.
          Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

The term Yid is steeped in glory atm

HTH
            nope, that doesn't help. please refrain from using offensive terms on this board. you might consider offering an apology to anyone concerned.

thanks.
            sp

Comment

Proud to be a Yid.
              Does that mean that you are Jewish, or a spurs fan, or both?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by scotspine View Post
                please refrain from using offensive terms on this board. you might consider offering an apology to anyone concerned.
                I did some research and it changed my opinion 180°. It is four posts up from here; the Tottenham Hotspur fans call themselves 'yids' in support of Jews and to spite anti-semitists.

This warrants being brought to consciousness again.

It appears that specifically in reference to Spurs fans, the term 'yid' is not offensive. Link.
                My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  Does that mean that you are Jewish, or a spurs fan, or both?
                  both. I do not find this term offensive. I think a minor over reaction has occured here. I accept this. I shall desist from using this term in future in case any such minor over reactions should occur in future.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                    I did some research and it changed my opinion 180°. It is four posts up from here; the Tottenham Hotspur fans call themselves 'yids' in support of Jews and to spite anti-semitists.

This warrants being brought to consciousness again.

It appears that specifically in reference to Spurs fans, the term 'yid' is not offensive. Link.
                    Thanks for your help RC. I shall drop it. Some people thrive on being offended.

Comment

Some people thrive on being offended.
                      and some simply get offended. still, if what rc says is the case, and i have no reason to doubt it, then i can accept that perhaps you didn't use the term with a view to being offensive. i'm not trying to be overly pc here, but simply trying to ensure fair play for all.
                      cheers
                      sp

Comment

Working...
                      X