• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Belgians declare war on the UK!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We mustn't forget Belgium's other fantastic contribution to the culinary world, chips & mayo, yum
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      The trouble with Belgians is that EVERYBODY surrounding them takes the piss out of them. The Dutch tell the same pathetic jokes about the Belgians as the Brits always told about the Irish. The French take the piss out of their accent. The Luxembourgers just take the money and don't care and the Germans think Belgium's a potholed motorway on the way to France. You can't blame them for having a pomme frite on their shoulder.
      Very true. One evening in Holland I had a rapt audience telling all the Irish jokes I could remember but using the word "Belgian" instead.

Back to the original article, I quite liked today's comment by James at 10:30:

They've got you on the warm beer. If only Hitler had thought to point this out to the American public in the 1930s, America would surely have left Britain to its therefore all-too-deserved fate...
      Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
        Very true. One evening in Holland I had a rapt audience telling all the Irish jokes I could remember but using the word "Belgian" instead.

Back to the original article, I quite liked today's comment by James at 10:30:
        ... and the Belgians make fun of the Waloons.

ankhoon main rehne waloon ko yad nahi karte…..
        dil main rehne waloon ki baat nahi karte…
        humari to rooh main bass ghye ho aap …
        tabhi to aap se milne ki fariyad nahi karte..

"A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
          ... and the Belgians make fun of the Waloons.

ankhoon main rehne waloon ko yad nahi karte…..
          dil main rehne waloon ki baat nahi karte…
          humari to rooh main bass ghye ho aap …
          tabhi to aap se milne ki fariyad nahi karte..

Comment

Working...
          X