• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dragons Den

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Red Letter Day woman was always a sort of weakest link though. Perhaps they felt they had to have a woman on the show?

The other guys, especially since they got rid of the scot, don't seem too bad and have quite a bit more 'real' experience. A few seem to have £200-300m businesses behind them, and in Peter Jones case I believe he's valued at most of that since he owns 90% of his company.

Comment

Peter Jones owns the Phones International Group, worth over £200 million.

On Elnaugh's Red Letter Day business failure he remains quiet but:

Originally posted by Jones
      “We’ve tightened up the financial reporting, we’ve looked at the overall operations of the business and the way the business was run from a call centre and customer service perspective – from time to answer the phone to all the basic things.

We’ve also looked at how we can work closely with the retailers with regard to specifically targeting the corporate sales team to deliver against specific accounts, looking at real account management, profiling accounts, understanding why a customer needs our service.

That’s not to say that some of these things weren’t done before, it’s just what we believe we have to do to make the company work more effectively.”
      His on-screen ‘cost of equity’ argument with fellow Dragon Duncan Bannatyne:

“It was outrageous what he tried to do. Even off camera – what you didn’t get to see – he tried to be clever. It’s more the principle of what he did to the bloke. I didn’t like it. I think I called him a sly little sh1t or something.”

http://www.growingbusiness.co.uk/YXIANyhoF2HDRg.html

And Mr Ultra Shave's view of the Dragons:

http://tachyontv.typepad.com/tachyon...agons_den.html
      If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

I watched that episode where he called the other bloke a sly sh1t

Milan.

Comment

I had a great idea today actually.

All round my town there are now thousands of traffic calming measures, mostly road humps.

These cost a fortune to put down.

With NL love of legislation, simply make round tyres illegal.

If everyone was forced to drive on hexagonal tyres, speeds would be reduced, and the cost of implementation moved to the motorist.

Genius.

Comment

Working...
          X