• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

***Urgent help***

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you point me to the legislation or rules that say this or is this just opinion? Reason being I do have a claim against a limited company that banks on behalf of another “unrelated” company. So far the IR has said there is nothing wrong with them doing that.
    I can't find it written in the Companies Act 2006, or anywhere else...if anyone can then it would be useful to know.

If you used a personal account for a Ltd co then their would be no limited liability on the personal account as there would be on a company account.

For HMRC purposes, a co account is transparent and everything separate.

Companies that are part of a group often use one account for all.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
      ah...clippy has quoted a post that I just deleted! I misread the question and thought it was an accountant's bill, not a tax bill (either way it's a sign you've got a shoddy accountant). Although I think my point still stands, if it's a big company tax bill, the personal tax implication on top might make it worth unravelling.
      Soz.
      (Don't you hate it when that happens?!?)

Comment

Originally posted by Sally BFCA View Post
        I can't find it written in the Companies Act 2006, or anywhere else...if anyone can then it would be useful to know.

If you used a personal account for a Ltd co then their would be no limited liability on the personal account as there would be on a company account.

For HMRC purposes, a co account is transparent and everything separate.

Companies that are part of a group often use one account for all.
        Thanks for your reply, the company in my question is not part of a group. Companies House is aware of the situation but I will get back to them to see if they are in breach of company regulations. Thanks again.
        "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
          Soz.

(mutters as police lead him away):And I would have gotten away with it too if it hadn't been for you meddling teenagers...

Comment

Originally posted by Clippy View Post
            Soz.
            I hate it more when people abbreviate the word sorry to that horrible word.

DO NOT EVEN THINK IT CLIPPY
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
            X