• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The Great Rocking Babes Videos Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skye Edwards from Morcheeba
    The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      Most of these songs selected were sung before voice editing software became very sophisticated too. I expect most of you know more about this than I, but I saw it being used on TV not long ago. It was stunning what could be done, a song sung out of tune could be enhanced to be made pitch and beat perfect, note by note, as well as adding other enhancing effects to it.
      It sounds like the technology has come on some way.

In the early 1990s I was friendly with a bloke doing a music technology degree. He worked on some outside projects and told me about one studio session where he took a break in the communal area only to find the engineer from a neighbouring studio sitting with his head in his hands.

In the other studio they had Gail and Gillian (is it? - the twins from Neighbours at the time) and had to record the song word by word so that it could be "corrected" by the pitch shifter.

Back to the thread, my idea of a "babe" seems to differ from most other blokes but for me, a small dark haired woman making a load of noise by herself with an electric guitar fits the bill.

Combine that with the fact that she has a west-country accent and this is the sexiest woman on the planet.

P J Harvey - Rid of Me

Comment

Janis Joplin
        The close proximity of the letters 'G' and 'T' are the reason I'll never again send an important email and end it with "Regards" ....

Comment

Kim Deal
          "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Laura Branigan

Comment

Kate Bush
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Carol Decker

Comment

Annabella Lwin

Comment

Annie Lennox

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Pat Benatar

Comment

Working...
                      X