• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Boomed! Why everyone is voting Labour in a recession

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
    WHS.

This is the Playstation generation voting. They want it all, they want it now, they'll borrow to get it and vote for a government that does the same.

Who cares as long as they get their £20K in the pocket tax free benefits.

Vote Labour, vote free money!

Whatever you want to do, do it now and pay later
    Whatever you want to say, say it now and pay later
    Whatever you want to clean, wash it now and go later

Coz it's no problem if you play it cool
    Things are different if you act the fool

The electric mistress always sounds so bold
    She says I'm free to do anything I'm told
    I check the latest newsflash it's sensational!
    I feel so seduced tell me to reproduce

Whatever you want to pray, pray it now and pay later

Whatever you want to clean, wash it now and go later

Play it cool - SFA
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      WHS.

This is the Playstation generation voting. They want it all, they want it now, they'll borrow to get it and vote for a government that does the same.

Who cares as long as they get their £20K in the pocket tax free benefits.

Vote Labour, vote free money!
      You are right, and these benefits will have to be removed after the next election no matter who get's in. Labour are still borrowing this money in an attempt to get through the next election. But even they know it can't go on. If they do get in again, then it's prob a return to the rubbish in the streets and strikes of the 70s. And as such i'm off.

But for the first time, the playstationers are having their credit cards taken away, and finding that being on a lending blacklist is quite bad after all and that they can't live like posh and becks on other peoples money... The Blairite new labour dream is finally dead. And if the country doesn't have enough intelligence to vote labour out, then the country is f*****.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
        As I predicted earlier this year - provding Labour can head off the SNP challenge in Scotland - which they appear to be doing - and with a housing boom on the cards - I forseee another Labour victory albeit with a reduced majority.

All those on welfare bens and not fortgetting the mass of civil seravants and state sector jobs know which side their bread is buttered on.

The Tories have only austerity to offer - this will not win votes.
        Sadly, I think you have a very good chance of being right.
        How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
        Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Yup, it would take a massive change in voting to make a tory government with even a slight majority. Labour in with a slim majority. Labour rebels will really hold power.

Now if we could just get the number of MPs down to about 400 or so.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
            Now if we could just get the number of MPs down to about 4 or so.
            That'd be plenty.
            My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

If Labour do win the next election (and god I hope that they don't) then the bond prices will fall, increasing government's debt and the borrowing cost of any company based in the UK. Then it will be time to go to the IMF again.

Bond prices are holding up at the moment due to the believe in a Tory win and thus financial competence returning to government in order to get the nation debt down to a more manageable level.

I think that there are hard times ahead for whoever wins (Tory or Labour) but with Labour the country will be bankrupt due to the increase in the bond prices due to the markets lack of confidence in Labour.
              Last edited by worzelGummidge; 13 November 2009, 13:20.

Comment

According to the UK borrowing clock we're racing past £815 billion at the moment at a massive 12% of GDP per annum. The interest on that must be close to £40 billion a year, which is adding to it.

But if you talk to many voters, they don't understand that, or the consequences, and they don't care because they think it's got nothing to do with them. It's a government problem.

That's why a party that has caused runaway debt through its incompetence is still attracting 29% in the polls, and may yet get a share of power after the next general election.
                Last edited by Doggy Styles; 13 November 2009, 12:58.

Comment

Originally posted by worzelGummidge View Post
                  If Labour do win the next election (and god I hope that they don't) then the bond prices will fall, increasing government's debt and the borrowing cost of any company based in the UK. Then it will be time to go to the IMF again.
                  Mandelson has already stopped saying that we won't be going to the IMF. He said to Jon Snow that we won't be at the head of the queue, but he refused to say that we won't be in the queue. He said that he wants to "de-stigmatise" going to the IMF.

So there you go: it is already becoming acceptable.
                  Step outside posh boy

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    But if you talk to many voters, they don't understand that, or the consequences, and they don't care because they think it's got nothing to do with them. It's a government problem.

Since when did the voters care about anything excluding how much they can profit from the parrty they will cast their vote for - it is only self interest.

As long as house prices are increasing with a bloated public sector - the voters will return Labour - say what you will but this is what will happen next year.

I have seen the future - and - you're not going to like it.

And you thought you had seen the last of the Nightmare Man - Mr Blair ?
                    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 13 November 2009, 13:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarquin Farquhar View Post
                      Mandelson has already stopped saying that we won't be going to the IMF. He said to Jon Snow that we won't be at the head of the queue, but he refused to say that we won't be in the queue. He said that he wants to "de-stigmatise" going to the IMF.

So there you go: it is already becoming acceptable.
                      Yeah, it's like visiting a health spa, apparently. Hopefully like one of them Swedish mixed sex ones where nudity is mandatory, containing lots of young, fit lithe women with firm... But anyway I digress.

Comment

Working...
                      X