• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How long before SY01 gets tulip-canned?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    The Programme manager is a petulant child with no grasp on reality.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

DOn`t bail. Do a 'Dexter' special on the PM and take over his role? Two rubber pencils in the eyes should do the trick.
      Or hang in there and try to learn as much as you can about the project, the people and your BA duties for the future. Treat it as a learning experience.

DO the best you can, document your progress for your own reference and for the company if they require it someday.

If you have to, make a joke of it. Once in a stressful situation in the workplace I just carried on with a smile and without getting stressed. I used the time to learn as much as I could about the people and situation while under my breath also making fun of the sitution, almost playing a game. It made it more bearable, I knew that I could just walk whenever I wanted but just made the best of it.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
        DOn`t bail. Do a 'Dexter' special on the PM and take over his role? Two rubber pencils in the eyes should do the trick.
        Or hang in there and try to learn as much as you can about the project, the people and your BA duties for the future. Treat it as a learning experience.

DO the best you can, document your progress for your own reference and for the company if they require it someday.

If you have to, make a joke of it. Once in a stressful situation in the workplace I just carried on with a smile and without getting stressed. I used the time to learn as much as I could about the people and situation while under my breath also making fun of the sitution, almost playing a game. It made it more bearable, I knew that I could just walk whenever I wanted but just made the best of it.
        And how long did it last?
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

jeez SY01 - every gig you touch seems to turn to tulip

ever considered looking for the problem in the mirror?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            jeez SY01 - every gig you touch seems to turn to tulip

ever considered looking for the problem in the mirror?
            Indeed. The last 18 months of mis management, long stream of individuals getting tulip canned or leaving of their own volition and the state of the project I have been involved in for the past few working days is all my fault. Not sure how I missed that. Thanks so much.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              And how long did it last?
              Until the end, and I later returned to the client and they had noted some points I made known to them on my departure the first time so my second time there was hugely enjoyable.

It can go both ways though I suppose, but if you have the right attitude you may not worry too much which way it goes.

Another situation it went a little pear shaped but I left with my sanity intact, knowing exactly the reasons for things happening as they did.

Both learning experiences

Comment

I get through stressful contracts by imagining I'm the special guest human on an episode of The Muppet Show.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
                  I get through stressful contracts by imagining I'm the special guest human on an episode of The Muppet Show.

Thanks for that.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperZ View Post
                    Until the end, and I later returned to the client and they had noted some points I made known to them on my departure the first time so my second time there was hugely enjoyable.

It can go both ways though I suppose, but if you have the right attitude you may not worry too much which way it goes.

Another situation it went a little pear shaped but I left with my sanity intact, knowing exactly the reasons for things happening as they did.

Both learning experiences
                    With a little expectation realignment I might be able to get through this.

1) It is a learning experience so learn what you can.
                    2) This child could turn at any moment, so just think of it as a one week rolling contract.

Comment

Working...
                    X