• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Beware of working in Germany!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SalsaFever View Post
    8. So far, all the people they visited the ones currently still Germany. I haven't heard anyone returned to UK and received a letter from f-amt.
    I know someobody who received a letter after they had left Germany.

This is not a certain way of avoiding the hassle.

Though I don't know if there's anything that they can do to force you to answer the letter if you have no intention of returning to Germany

tim

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
      If you need transport, and feel the need to steal a motorbike, make it a TT Special 650 Triumph and ride cross-country, their BMW boxers can't keep up and their frames can't take the punishment.
      you always provide valuable advice, Roskilde-man
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
        you always provide valuable advice, Roskilde-man
        Well, you can't just have 250 guys walking down the road in broad daylight, what!
        Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
        threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by tim123 View Post
          I know someobody who received a letter after they had left Germany. This is not a certain way of avoiding the hassle.
          Though I don't know if there's anything that they can do to force you to answer the letter if you have no intention of returning to Germany
          Ok, forgot about number 8... it's not valid anymore...

Last week I came to know someone in UK received a letter from taxmen asking for 'mehrsteuer' (additional tax) from an assignment he did in germany 5 years ago.

Coincidentally anybody worked in one particular telecom company in NRW receiving those letters nowadays. So it indicates that the company itself raided and investigated, which triggered investigations of the individual contractors worked there in the past.

Some of them are already raided, others accountant got phone calls about doing self-report (f-amt threaten people to do self-report!!). Those who already left Germany received letters..

Going back to letters, it doesn't tell how they come up with those figures and it doesn't indicate whether there is an criminal investigation going on or whether there is already a conviction by court or it's not even telling if those figures are including fine or interest..

The letter simply saying ..HELLO STOP.. send us 30 grands STOP... urgent STOP..
          Last edited by SalsaFever; 15 December 2009, 13:17.

Comment

By the way, there is a 5 years statue of limitations for criminal proceedings and 10 years of civil and financial aspects....

So it means, if you have dirt underwear from 5 years ago, f-amt won't be able come after you for the criminal investigation, but they will demand the money.

Comment

Working...
            X