• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you tell your 16yo self?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPS: Face the stern when you throw up.
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

All true

Dont get married at 21 to escape one suffocating mother child relationship only to move into another.

Don't have a child after 9 years of marriage in the hope that it will mend the relationship.

Don't buy a house at the top of the market so that when you come to divorce 8 years later there's not a penny of equity to take from the deal.

Don't have an affair with someone who falls madly in love with you and drag it out for 10 years and then dump them in the most cowardly fashion you can imagine.

And when you're wife finds out, don't try to deny it.

Do follow your heart and when you fall in love with someone 11 years your junior grab the relationship with both hands.

Do be happy but make sure you take the time to make others happy too.

Spend as much time as possible with your children and make them feel valued and loved throughout the whole of the divorce proceedings.

Sheild your children as much as possible from the conflicts but be honest with them about why their parents can't live together any more.

Don't tell another lie, ever, it means you never have to remember what you've said in the past.

And most of all, be honest with yourself........

Comment

I wouldnt waste my breath - My 16 year old self would not have listened
        I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
        CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          I wouldnt waste my breath - My 16 year old self would not have listened
          WSS

Is that a hamster?
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I have the image of a long haired guinea pig being berated by its short haired mother to, "Get a bloody haircut you scruffy piggy!"

My advice would be to take your degree course seriously and don't squander the opportunity.

Oh, and don't start smoking.

Comment

These are good.

Wasted on my 16-year-old self. I'm going to try to pay attention now:

Don't fall in love too easily.
              Travel more.
              Don't get so stressed.
              Learn a music instrument.
              Help others when you can, but don't expect much back in return
              On the other hand always do your best for your family
              Don't get screwed by IT
              Save at least 20% of your net pay for a rainy day - you're going to need every penny at some point.
              Look after your teeth
              Don't be bothered by brush-offs by local chav lasses. Learn languages and explore the wonderful world of foreign totty.
              Avoid joining internet forums and talkboards.
              Pursue that offer of training as a commercial diver and do Oceanography as your degree.
              Buy that boat - sail more.
              Worry less.
              Despite what you think now, you dont have all the time in the world.
              You only get one chance at a lot of the opportunities that come along so take each and every one.
              Step outside posh boy

Comment

Dear hyperD,

Live each day as though it was your last. Enjoy life.

Regards

hyperD

P.S Get married in a country that has legally binding prenupts.
                If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

That girl who works at the fish and chip shop looks good, but the smell...
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

What would you tell your 16yo self?

Have you tried that with a Pot Noodle?

Comment

Sadistic PE teachers are more to be pitied than feared.

Comment

Working...
                      X