• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eggs last forever don't they?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

possibly a true story

EO daughter, age 5 - 'Dad, dad, dad'
    EO , grumpy and hungover, reading the paper - 'what ?'
    EOD - 'Daaad'
    EO - 'WHAT?'
    EOD - 'Dad, me egg's bad'
    EO - 'Just eat yer brekky, and let me read the paper'
    EOD munches, and crunches more and more audibly
    EOD - 'Daad'
    EO vein in temple throbbing = 'WHAT NOW?'
    EOD - 'Do I have to eat the beak as well?'

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
      Similar test for the air bubble is to put them in water and see if the pointed end floats up. At least, that's what I've heard, but I often find I put eggs in water and they appear to float up a bit anyway. I presume that if they are genuinely off then the floating with be totally blatant, like standing up in the water.
      There's an air sack at the big-end normally; if you like soft-boiled chuckie-egg , its a good idea to puncture the big-end with a sewing needle to stop it cracking in the boiling water when dropped in. Always open your egg at the little-end though!

Here ends the gourmet cooking lesson for today.

Comment

Does the longevity of eggs explain why eggy farts seem to linger for longer than others?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
        X