• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Small SKA News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by threaded View Post
    Actually, that's interesting. Whose did you choose? What parameters did you feel most important? Which interface?
    2 TB disks, I got all models: WD 2 TBs as soon as they came out, Seagate 2 TBs recently, now buying mainly Hitachi 2 TB since they are real 7200 RPM. All disks are SATA.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
      What sort of maniac 'boils' their pens?
      Weren't much of an experimentalist as a kid were you?

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        Wot?

Not SATA2?

Or is there SATA3 by now?
        Top end disks are all SATA 2 now, I used SATA in a generic way to indicate that they are not SAS disks

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          2 TB disks, I got all models: WD 2 TBs as soon as they came out, Seagate 2 TBs recently, now buying mainly Hitachi 2 TB since they are real 7200 RPM. All disks are SATA.
          How much did you pay for the Hitachi 2TB disks (ex vat)?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
            How much did you pay for the Hitachi 2TB disks (ex vat)?
            £117, bargain - usually top capacity disks start from £200+ range, I had to pay that for 10 x 2 TB from Western Digital in March, now they are half price

Comment

I thought you would use SAS disks, not SATA.
              "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
                I thought you would use SAS disks, not SATA.
                Is there a SAS disk that can hold 2 TB in the first place? Even if there was it would cost too much.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
                  Well, that's the pr0n collection covered - now tell us about your work.
                  Soon - that will be in imminent Real Big SKA News (tm) thread: stay tuned!

Comment

Is there a SAS disk that can hold 2 TB in the first place? Even if there was it would cost too much.
                    you can use more than 1 disk - please google "RAID"
                    "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                      the sound quality is far superior to the last one which recently died.
                      Well it would be, then, wouldn't it?
                      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Working...
                      X