• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Small SKA News

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    I took delivery of a new FM radio for the bathroom yesterday.

It's a Roberts and the sound quality is far superior to the last one which recently died.
    They're not waterproof.

Just thought I'd better mention that.
    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      I just fixed a hole punch to a table with two long hex headed bolts*.

*The theory being that they won't nick it**.

**They'll probably nick it & the table at the same time.
      They'll probably just nick the bolts and leave the hole punch.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I bought a chicken sandwich today

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
          I've got a small scar on my index finger of my left hand.
          Snap.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
            I just fixed a hole punch to a table with two long hex headed bolts*.

*The theory being that they won't nick it**.

**They'll probably nick it & the table at the same time.
            Torx are probably safer. Most thieving little gits carry a set of Allen keys.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
              They're not waterproof.

Just thought I'd better mention that.
              Thanks. It's on the windowsill, rather than the edge of the bath...
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                Thanks. It's on the windowsill, rather than the edge of the bath...
                Where the 2-bar electric fire is...

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by bogeyman View Post
                  Where the 2-bar electric fire is...
                  Exactly, how else am I going to get the water to boil?
                  ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I bought a pack of 5 Biro's for £1.04 yesterday. Amazingly, the ones I have currently (which alternate between being lost and being discovered herding together in at least groups of 3) have almost run down to the very end. Once upon a time I only used to get perhaps a 1/3 of the way down until they dried up and didn't work any more, even when boiled , blown into, shaken about, etc. Prior to the actual pens purchase I had checked out the Pound shop looking for Biro's, wondering how many I would get to the Pound and whether I would be able to carry them all, but alas they only sold posh pens for a Pound, which i didn't want. I feel comfortable with Biros. I did buy a roll of sticky backed velcro, a bike repair kit (which included one of those flat tools you had as a kid with all the spanner sizes cut into them - I had been looking for one unsuccessfully in the bike shops for over a year now - they've migrated to expensive Swiss Army knife type tools and Allen keys).

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                      I bought a pack of 5 Biro's for £1.04 yesterday. Amazingly, the ones I have currently (which alternate between being lost and being discovered herding together in at least groups of 3) have almost run down to the very end. Once upon a time I only used to get perhaps a 1/3 of the way down until they dried up and didn't work any more, even when boiled , blown into, shaken about, etc. Prior to the actual pens purchase I had checked out the Pound shop looking for Biro's, wondering how many I would get to the Pound and whether I would be able to carry them all, but alas they only sold posh pens for a Pound, which i didn't want. I feel comfortable with Biros. I did buy a roll of sticky backed velcro, a bike repair kit (which included one of those flat tools you had as a kid with all the spanner sizes cut into them - I had been looking for one unsuccessfully in the bike shops for over a year now - they've migrated to expensive Swiss Army knife type tools and Allen keys).
                      What sort of maniac 'boils' their pens?

Comment

Working...
                      X